»

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy, Happy New Year!!!

We made it another year----2009 here we come!
To celebrate the New Year, our family went to a party hosted by some good friends of ours, the Martineau's. They threw a super party. There were many guest and lots of children. We played a few really fun group games as well as a White Elephant exchange game for the adults. I'm so glad to have gone somewhere else this year so I didn't have to clean up the next day!


As for Christmas- we had an absolutely fantastic and fun time with my sister and her children. It was one of the best Christmases ever. :) They were here for four days. We had a BLAST. We hope you had as wonderful of time as we did.

I didn't get my ultimate Christmas wish of a completely organized and de-cluttered home from my hubby. As I figured- I'm giving that gift to myself. {And as I predicted in an earlier post...I got those items I thought I'd get for Christmas. No I didn't buy them myself. I just know my hubby. I did get a few other gifts I wasn't expecting as well. That was great, too. He's such a good guy when it comes to getting gifts and stocking stuffers for me for Christmas.}

Since the day after Christmas I haven't stopped organizing. At this exact moment my home is about 70% organized, cleaned and de-cluttered! We've made a couple trips to the thrift store to give bags upon bags of donations. This is just awesome. I feel so rejuvenated as I put stuff in bags to be donated and hand them over to the thrift store. Almost like a giant load off my shoulders.

I refuse to stop until every nook and cranny is clean, every drawer and cupboard is organized and every pile of junk {aka Warren's stuff} is organized and de-cluttered. Surprisingly, I have my hubby helping with a *mostly* willing heart. I suppose he knows how much I want this 'project' done. But we haven't hit his biggest junk closet yet...so we'll see how willing he'll be then. haha

Tonight we have our Secret Santa potluck dinner/revealing party. I'm going to make 'rocks' out of aluminum foil balls so we can stone our Secret Santa family in front of everyone. {If you're wondering why. Read this post.}

I didn't post what our 3rd gift was from them. We got it on Christmas Eve. It was a tin -shaped like a snowman- full of sugar cookies. A far cry from rocks. :)

4 Royal Remarks:

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Wow! You are truly on a roll! Would you mind coming to my house next? I need some major organizing and de-cluttering work done. :)

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I did my office and family room. Can I have you after Danyelle....there is still so much more that needs to be done. Nice to hear you had such a good Christmas.

Arlyn said...

That is such an overwhelming task, but SO worth the work! I wish you COMPLETE success!

I'm interested to learn what happens with your Secret Santa!

Are you doing ADSR this year? I am! :)

Anonymous said...

Go Queenie!
Go Queenie!
Go Queenie!

I know you can whip the rest of the house into shape, I know you can, I know you can, I know you can.