»

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Brunch

Sunday is a day of reflection, worship, recommitment and peace from our daily lives. It has been set aside by the Lord as a day of rest and a day we've been commanded to keep holy. I love the Sabbath because it's a day I can have a spiritual feast.

I've been thinking about this for quite sometime- but am finally putting it into words and deed here on my blog. I 'd like to share with others faith promoting experiences in my life or things I've read that promote faith. In other words- things that have given, shown or testified to me of the love of Jesus Christ and God the Father as well as things that have increased my faith.

I've decided that every Sunday I'd like to have a Sunday Brunch. Before you get the idea that I mean 'go out for Sunday Brunch'...read on. I propose we all enjoy a feast every week through a network of bloggers- who'd like to be involved on their blogs- by sharing their faith promoting posts every Sunday. {Including my blog} That way we all can have an uplifting Sunday to begin our week.


Since blogging is a journal, in a way, I thought that adding a piece of our faith would be nice. It doesn't matter what religion you are to be involved. If you are a Christian then you will most likely get something out of what I have to share- or if you decide to write something- I would get something out of what you have to share.

If you are interested- then just add something to your blog every Sunday. Also, let me know so I can link you on my sidebar under 'Sunday Brunch' for those who are interested in reading it as well. Your post can be long or short. It can be a personal experience or something you've read. I do ask though, that if you want to be involved that you are Christian or will be posting Christian topics only. After all, we are testifying of Christ in our lives.


A cool time- saving tip:
You can write about your topic anytime during the week but have it posted on Sunday mornings automatically! How? At the bottom of your written post you can click "Post Options" where you can manually set it to be posted at a later, specific date and time. Just set it for the following Sunday morning!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my first Sunday Brunch post I 'd like to share a personal experience.

A few years back, I was at an evening basketball game that my husband was playing in at our church building. I brought our children along so we could sit on the side lines to cheer daddy on.

My son Parker, who was six years old at the time, needed to use the bathroom. My oldest son, Conner, volunteered to accompany him. Once the two boys were back, Parker ran up to me, teary-eyed, and said- "Mom, I lost my tooth! But I can't find it because it fell out of my hand on the way back from the bathroom!"

Parker was very distraught and I couldn't help but feel for him, after all this was his first tooth he'd ever lost, and now he couldn't even show it off.
I reassured him that we could go look for it and that we'd find it. Conner, Parker and I went out into a half darkened hallway, flipped on the rest of the lights and began our search over what seemed a million miles of speckled commercial carpeting. We'd been searching a good eight to ten minutes before we all felt a sense of defeat. I knew it had to be somewhere on the ground- but where? It seemed we scoured every square inch already but with no luck.

I sat up from my army crawl position and asked the boys to come kneel next to me in the church hallway and pray to God for help. The boys eagerly came forward and I offered the prayer. I made sure to let our Father know how important this was to Parker and that we were seeking His guidance in our time of need. After I finished the prayer- we began our search once again. Not one minute later, Parker found his little tooth! It was in a spot we each had already searched but somehow over looked the tiny white prize.

Our faces were beaming with smiles! We all clapped and sounded our excitement. After a moment of revealing in our found treasure- I asked the boys if we could say another prayer to give thanks. While Parker offered his sweet prayer- the feeling of gratitude swept over us all.

Ever since, Parker has had more faith in the power of prayer then any child I've seen. His love for praying and his undoubting faith that the Lord does hear and answer prayers has been instilled in him in his young age. I feel so blessed as a mother to have witnessed this small but meaningful miracle on Parker's behalf and hopefully a life long testimony of prayer for both of my sons involved.

Our Father in heaven and His Son, really love us! They really do watch over us, want to help us and will do so happily if we but ask...
Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

2 Royal Remarks:

The Girls' Mom said...

I'm game for Sunday Brunch, I think it is a great idea. Ill start next week. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sharon said...

this is a neat idea, but i'll admit, i'm hesitant... (spelling?) i just get nerveous sharing such an important part of my life... i'm not shy, but i am bout the gospel, i just don't like rejection