I wanted to make a unique wall collage, for our game room. I knew I wanted to feature individual pictures of our family members, as well as our favorite games next to each picture.
Here's what I came up with:
Here's how I made it:
I started with my supplies.
1 large frame {On clearance at K-Mart. Michael's has clearance frames, too.}
Burlap {Joann's}
Spray adhesive {Joann's}
Sharp scissors
Glue gun
Brown spray paint
Green spray paint
Black craft paint
Making Memories foam letters
Paper cutter
Sand paper
8 Magnetic clips {Wal-mart}
8 Frames {5x7 - from the dollar store!}
Photos {4x6- trimmed down, a bit.}
1 piece of cardstock
Ink pad
With the large frame,{about 14"x26"} I had my boys pop out the glass, and the paper.
I threw those out.
I separated the cardboard backing from the frame, so I could cover the cardboard with burlap.
Then, I measured, and cut, burlap for the cardboard backing. I left a good three inches from the edges, so I could easily pull over the excess fabric, and adhere it to the back.
I used Elmer's spray adhesive to attach the burlap to the cardstock. {That stuff work wonders!}
While that was drying, I spray painted my frame, brown.
Then, I put the burlap covered cardboard back in the frame. {Remember, no glass.}
I HAD to ShAbBy it up, a bit. So, I roughed up the edges of my frame with sand paper.
Next, I took my 8 cheapo frames, and 8 magnetic clips, for a bath in green spray paint.
After the frames dried, I shabbied them up with sand paper.
I fiddled around with the placing of my green frames, and clips.
Once I was firm on how I wanted them placed, I used a glue gun to adhere the corners of each frame to the burlap.
Then, I used my glue gun to adhere the magnetic clips, with my photo in place, to the top inside of the green frames. Right on the burlap.
Next, I used my Making Memories foam letters, and black craft paint, to create the title: Our favorite Games. I also, added a monogram to the inside of each green frame, on the burlap- just to the top left of each photo. {Love that!}
To show everyone's favorite game: I typed out everyone's names, along with their favorite game.
I printed it off on a piece of cardstock.
I used my paper cutter to trim them down to the size I liked.
I shabbied the paper strips with my favorite ink pad: Tim Holtz' Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
I added the strips of papers under each clip.
Voila! It's an awesome piece of unique, personalized, art!
I love the colors, which match our game room perfectly. The texture of the burlap is great too.
Also, I like that I can easily replace a photo, or someone's favorite game, since they're simply clipped on!
Approximate cost: $35




















4 Royal Remarks:
This is off the subject but the cute little chandelier at the side of your blog just freaked the heck out of me!
LOL! The flying birds, scared you. That's funny.
i love it.
Post a Comment