»

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Resistence Bands

I go to the gym a lot. 

There's SO many classes to choose from, and there's great equipment and a nice track for my running.
I enjoy going to the gym, and look forward to "me time".
Even though I usually have kids with me, they're off doing their own thing, so I still get "me time".

Also, I like to mix up my routine, so I don't get too bored.
What I've been taught so far when it comes to my weight lifting, it is necessary to confuse the muscles.
If not, they will get "stuck", and progression will stop.

I wanted to try something else for my muscles, and in doing so I found the amazing RESISTANCE BANDS.
I had no idea how much I could do with a rubber band, ha!


There's one reason I love working with resistance bands, verses weights. (I still do weights, too.)

With weights, you can only work a specific muscle group every other day.
I was very surprised my trainer told me I could use the resistance bands EVERY DAY on the same muscles groups. Sweet!
Of course, just like weights, after so many weeks, I have to change the type of exercise on each muscle group, or they will get "stuck".

Using a "rubber band" may not look like a lot, or that it could create muscle definition, but it really does.
Boy, I feel the burn!



Bonus! I don't have to go to the gym to use their resistance bands, anymore.  I now have some sets in my home. {HaPpY DaNcE!}

When I shared with my sweet hubby how much I liked working with the resistance bands, he ran out and bought me a big set!
He's great that way, and that's how he shows his support. He's done stuff like this for me since I've been changing my exercise habits, and it's been so nice and thoughtful.
The bands were a wonderful surprise, and I gave him many kisses for the gesture!
{If you're looking to purchase, they're not very expensive, at all. My hubby got my set at Wal-mart.}

My resistance bands are going to take me places I've never been...
Abs I could wash my clothes on,
no more grandma arms flying in the wind,
and my flabby inner thighs will be gone!

There's countless exercises, and many to do for each muscle group. Also, my kids love to exercise with the bands, too!

Here are some of my favorite daily resistance band exercises:


SIT UPS!  
I actually enjoy sit ups with my resistance band.  
My back thanks me, too.

BICEPS!
Having toned arms is attractive.



 TRICEPS!
No more Relief Society arms!


THIGHS!
Flabby, yucky, thighs... be gone!


I can see myself in the future, frolicking on a beach somewhere with a resistance band, ha!

1 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

This is great, I'd love to know more about your workout routine, since I do most of my workouts from home & alone, it's great to get some daily routine ideas!
Jamie