»

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Month 5 Weigh in and pictures

Last month, I thought I was going to blow steam- gosh, I was SO frustrated! 
I had 7 pounds to go to hit my first goal weight, and 17 pounds from my ultimate goal weight.
I was blessed to have lost so much weight up until the end of my weight loss journey.
I do realize how great I had it for awhile there. It was simple...if I worked hard, I'd lose weight.

Then, it came to a halt.
For 2.5 weeks = NOTHING. 
No matter how good I ate. Nothing. I was extremely frustrated that I hit a plateau in the last home stretch of my weight loss challenge.  Oh, my.  I just wanted to cry.

I had to scramble, and try new things to get myself out of the plateau. I changed my food to practically zero fat. I had lean white meats, fruits, veggies, herbals teas, and water.  Yep, that's it!
I admit it was hard. Very hard.  But I was desperate to get my body to lose weight, again.

Then, hallelujah!!!  After 3 weeks, I broke my plateau!  I lost only 1 pound...but I broke that frustrating plateau. It was enough to win the weight loss challenge, so I'm pleased. (How awesome is that?!  I'm SO happy with myself!)

This month I've only lost 3 pounds. It's a loss, and I'll take it!
Hoping this month will go better, and I won't plateau, again.


January 3, 2012 - 197 pounds


February 3, 2012 - 179 pounds


March 3, 2012 - 167 pounds


April 3, 2012- 159 pounds


May 3, 2012-156 pounds
 

I'm gonna kill it in May, so hopefully my body will cooperate with me!  Check back June 3rd!


1 Royal Remarks:

Shavonne said...

Yahoo!!!! you're doing fantastic, and I'm amazed at your self control!