»

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Brunch

 In 1919, President Charles W. Penrose said it this way:

Oh, my brethren and sisters, why waste your time, your talents, your means, your influence in following something that will perish and pass away, when you could devote yourselves to a thing that will stand forever?
 For this Church and kingdom, to which you belong, will abide and continue in time, in eternity, while endless ages roll along, and you with it will become mightier and more powerful, while the things of this world will pass away and perish, and will not abide in nor after the resurrection, saith the Lord our God.


 I reflected on my own life after I read this.

 I think of the cars we've owned, the homes we've lived in, the scrapbooks I created, and the decorations I've made or put in my home.
 I think of the movies I've paid to see, the entertainment I've paid to see, and all the eating out we've done.
 Sure it's fun at the time, lovely to enjoy, and sometimes needed.
 But, it's nothing that is substantial in the eternities.

 Then I think of the many times we've attended church, how many times we've brought our children to church. The baby blessing, the baptisms, father's blessings, priesthood blessings, temple trips.
 The many souls we've helped through temple ordinances, the genealogy time.
 The many Family Home Evenings, the tender teaching moments with my children.
 And I see my extended family members do the same things.

 All in all it brings so much joy, and fulfillment. It brings peace, love, and change. It draws us closer to God, and His plan for us. We aren't selfish- we're serving others.
 It's eternal.
 It's God's way.

 I love Christ's gospel so very much, and I'm so happy we're a part of it!


0 Royal Remarks: