I love this time of year! Not only is the weather cooling down here in Phoenix, and the holidays are creeping up {which I can't help but get so excited over} but...it's General Conference time! I just love watching General Conference from my livingroom TV or even being in the Salt Lake, Utah area during conference time.
When Warren used to work in the airline industry- we got to fly for free. That was awesome. We took advantage of it during conference time to be in Utah and stay with Warren's brother and family. But even still, just getting to watch it on TV is such a thing I anticipate a great deal. Not only do I crave the spiritual high, but the peace I feel knowing that men and women of God are speaking TO ME, as a mouthpiece from the Lord Himself. I also look forward to getting questions answered or prayers answered through the messages taught at conference.

Yesterday I was well fed with spiritual bread. And I look forward to today's sessions as well.
We are going over to a friends house for the 2 hour morning session to watch it on the wall, via projector, and to have a potluck breakfast.
To those who are LDS- you probably share similar feelings as I do. This is a GRAND time, wouldn't you say?!!

If you're not LDS {The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints- aka LDS or Mormons} and you're wondering what I'm speaking so highly of...click here. You can watch it on local television if you're interested. {Usually on WB. It starts 10 am MST in America. Or you can watch it right from your computer via the link I just gave above.}
I promise you will get something of value or personal meaning out of watching this conference, regardless your religion- especially if you're a Christian.
I encourage you to watch and see for yourself why I love it so very much!






2 Royal Remarks:
Ditto! I've been looking forward to this General Conference especially because of all the turmoil in the world and in the country. Yesterday I felt such a message of peace and hope and comfort. I'm looking forward to today!
Yay for Conference! and we also have a big breakfast sometime that weekend while we get to relax at home and watch it on TV. This is the first year we've had it on cable and its great!
How's the working out going? I'm super excited to hear how it goes with the trainer, good for you for doing it! I also go to 24 hour (it's called OZ here). Just got done with a Pilates class-Whew!!!
Post a Comment