»

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1 month down...11 to go!

What?  I survived?

 I *hardly* ate any sugar or processed sugars, and I lived to tell about it!



Realize, I would of never, ever done something like this before now.  I would try eating less food, but still have sugary foods.  I battled with my weight loss.
Remember, I am was a sugar addict. {Probably will be my entire life}
I HAD to have some form of sugar every single day, before this.
Sugar in any processed form can be a real addiction.  And it has a vicious cycle.

I'm pretty darn proud of me! 
 
As I wrote at the beginning of January, my sister-in-law, Bekah, asked if I'd join her with no sugars for the month.
I happily agreed.

I wasn't perfect.


I remember one time being so thirsty when my husband and I were at the movie theater, and I was dumb and didn't bring my water.  I drank a few gulps of his Dr. Pepper. {My old choice of drink}
I was surprised to find I didn't want more. I thought for sure it'd drive me off the wagon!




Also, I remember looking at my husbands garlic toast one night, and thinking it looked SO good.
I didn't crave it, I didn't even need it since I was eating my own meal, but I took 2 bites anyway.
Why? No clue.
And the same happened.  I didn't feel the need to jump off the wagon and binge on bread.




Another time at the movie, we got popcorn.  I was ok with that choice in my "splurge", however half way through a bag of KETTLE CORN...
I realized, Girl, you're eating sugar!
It was delicious.  But again, it didn't cause me to search for any sugary foods I could get my hands on.



The reason for this highly successful month, {for me, this is pure success!} is drinking and eating fresh fruits and vegetables.  It literally took the bad cravings away. I'm still amazed!
I FEEL so much better, healthier, cleaner.
I won't stop with eating no sugars just because January is over.
I will keep it up.

So what will be mine and Bekah's "February" focus?  Something cool, of course.
It's Fab Ab February!



I look forward to this coming month of continuing to eat clean, and doing these Ab workouts, along with my current exercise routine.

Join the insanity with us...it's actually fun!

1 Royal Remarks:

Rachelle Christensen said...

Huge congrats! Thanks for sharing. I've been working on this same battle--those sugars are tough!