My thoughts the past few days have been wondering about Mary, the mother of Jesus.
I can relate with Mary, to some degree. I'm too am a mother, and have experienced giving birth, along with the sweet tenders that only motherhood can bring.
And what a joy is must have been to be THE mother of Jesus!
As much as I want to know right now, I can't fully know what Mary thought, felt, or her opinions on things.
I certainly wish there were more scriptural accounts on Mary. {As well as Eve. Gosh, I can hardly wait to see and get to know these amazing women when I cross the veil!}
However, the scriptures are a good source of how Mary reacted in many situations. I've been reading about her the past few days, trying to get to know her better.
Mary was such a righteous woman, full of pure faith. Time and time again, she responded with faith.
I learned from all the accounts in the scriptures, Mary was ready and willing to listen to God’s witness and counsel from his servants. Each of these servants, in their varying walks of life, assured Mary of her blessed state in the eyes of God. Mary lived so as to be receptive to their messages. Her life was one of faithful, obedient receptivity. She did not ignore counsel, but “kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart” {Luke 2:19}.
The life of Jesus was one of glorifying God. He fulfilled ancient prophecies regarding his ministry, atonement, death, and resurrection. His life is worthy of emulation. His mother, too, is worthy of our acknowledgment for her righteous discipleship.
I've learned something valuable things these past days that I've been getting to know blessed Mary:
She was a woman who lived, loved and cherished her family, just as I do.
She loved being a mother, just as I do.
She loved the Lord, just as I do.
But Mary was so faithful, she never questioned, complained, or was selfish.
Mary is a woman I want emulate when it comes to faith. She is a grand example to me to what a woman can be like who has pure faith.
I'm very grateful to women in my life who are faithful, who are shining examples to me- the women here on earth with me, my women ancestors, and women I can look up to in the scriptures.
Our Father in heaven knew what He was doing, when He gave us scriptures.







0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment