Cupcake Ingredients:
1 dark chocolate brownie mix {family size}
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup oil
1 bag mint patties {York Peppermint Patties, is what I used}
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting ingredients:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/3 cup cocoa
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream or milk {I used cream}
3 tsp. vanilla
Brownie Cupcake directions:
Mix together brownie mix, eggs, water, vanilla, and oil.
Stir until moistened.
Pour about 2 tablespoons batter in every paper liner.
Layer 2 mint patties in each liner.
Top with remaining batter, filling 3/4 full.
Bake at 350* for 13-15 minutes until soft, but not too wiggly.
The middle will be gooey and delicious.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Frost.
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting directions:
Beat butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.
Stop mixer before adding cocoa to avoid a large mess.
Add cocoa, sugar, 4 Tbsp. cream or milk, and vanilla.
Beat frosting until thick and creamy. { Add more milk or cream if it's too thick}
____________________________
Oooohhhhh, wow! When I bit into this delectable cupcake, I found myself in chocolate heaven!
Thank goodness, they're so rich I could only eat one.
Note:
These recipes make 12-14 cupcakes. I doubled my recipes.
Piping the frosting uses a lot of the frosting- as you can see in my picture. Using a butter knife, or spoon, uses less frosting. I scratched the piping, and went with using a knife instead.
Also, watch your timer! I slightly over baked my second batch, and they weren't as good as the first batch. Bummer.







0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment