»

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Brunch


Over the past few weeks I have been spiritually fed. As member of the LDS church I've been given the opportunity to attend {and have} the Women's Conference the end of September, General Conference in October and Stake Conference this weekend. Next weekend, Warren and I are going with friends to 'Time Out for Couples'. {T.O.F.C. is an evening of LDS speakers talking on marriage- usually in these types of events there's a lot of good humor used.}

You know the times in your life when you feel spiritually sick? When you need a boost of faith and love to get you out of the rut you're in? Well, that's how I was feeling this past summer. This Fall, with all these events, I feel that my canteen is now overflowing. :) It's a GREAT feeling!

There are many thoughts or lessons I have been taught or reminded of through these experiences- too many to share here- some even personal. But I will say that if you're feeling low and need a spiritual high to help you soar through the trials of life... the best advice I have for you is to look up.
Kneel and plead with our Father above for extra spiritual experiences and He will bless you with them. Search the scriptures for the promises the Father, and His Son, have given us and look for how you can receive them. Some we have been given just because we are children of a loving Father. Others we have to seek, obey and be tried in a principal. As we've all been taught- earnestly pray and read your scriptures. It really is the best medicine.

My faith has increased abundantly over the past couple of months. I love it when I can learn and grow and not stand idly in one place. I suppose this is why we are here on Earth. We are spiritual beings having an earthly experience. We have to cultivate and feed our spirits while we are here on our journey of life. Otherwise, Satan increases in his power and strength over us. He can succeed in this attempt only if we allow it. Fight, fight, fight!!! We can do it!

2 Royal Remarks:

Shavonne said...

I didn't know they had a TOFC! That's way cool, I'd love to go to that. I missed the TOFW when it came through last year becasue of work. I love going to things like that!

Me said...

Wonderful! ...already Blessed!