Cupcake Ingredients:
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. {8 oz} cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
1 tsp. lemon extract
Frosting Ingredients:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tsp. lemon extract
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
1/2 cup crushed lemon drops candy
Cupcake Directions:
Mix together cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Add grated lemon zest and combine. Fill paper liners 3/4 full.
Bake at 350* for 15- 18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Remove and cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
Frosting Directions:
Pour cream into large mixing bowl and begin to mix at low speed. {Electric mixer works best.}
Gradually increase speed until cream thickens and soft peaks form.
Gradually and add both sugars, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
Beat until stiff peaks form.
The stiffer the cream, the easier it is to frost the cupcakes. Keep refrigerated when not using.
Frost each cupcake, and add crushed lemon drop candy to the tops.
Warning: These cupcakes are dangerous! You can't stop eating after one!
------------------------
I had some helpers in the kitchen...
We took them to Aunt Kim's house for Sunday dessert.
They were a hit!
We made the frosting at Aunt Kim's house, and the older kids took turns frosting the cupcakes- the funnest part!
Oh, my goodness....these cupcakes were sooo yummy!
Enjoy!








3 Royal Remarks:
I didnt want to stop eating these lemon goodies! I love lemon flavor and these were just so fresh and yummy!
im drooling!
Lots of people coming for dinner tomorrow. This looks like the perfect way to finish our meal.
By the way, I love your game room ideas and projects. I don't often comment, but I regularly read your blog. You are very creative.
Keep the good ideas coming!
Post a Comment