»

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Addict vs The Juicer

You just may think I'm crazy...or maybe not.

I vowed to myself not to eat sugar this month. WOWZERS! {BIG DEAL for me!}
My sister-in-law, Bekah, contacted me and asked if I'd join her with no sugar for 30 days.  This includes no sweets or refined sugars in manufactured products.  I agreed, knowing I needed to make a change. 


I've been working out like crazy for months and lost a nice 8 pounds.  
No complaints you may say, but really I am.  I could have lost half my weight by now if I would of took more notice and care with what I put in my mouth.  
What we eat really matters, especially when trying to lose weight.  
Solely working out does NOT solve weight loss. Action must be taken in exercise AND diet.


My name is Autumn, and I'm a *serious* sugar addict. 


I have to have something sweet everyday. I love chocolate and Dr. Pepper. 
Not good. 
Today is "Day 5", and I openly admit it's hard not to just go to what I know. {EATING BAD}

Recently, I watched this documentary about a guy who had an auto immune disease. He was really fat- at 305 pounds. He was literally dying from his horrendous diet. 
He decided to go on a juice fast for 60 days. Meaning, he would get fresh fruits and veggies and juice them in a juicer. That's ALL he "ate", was drinking this fresh juice. 
It's extreme, but sane at the same time.


Get this, In 60 days he lost 92 pounds, he had tons of energy, he felt so young again, and his mind was sharper than ever.
Soon after his juice fast, his disease went into remission and he was taken off all his medications. AMAZING!! 
He continued on with exercise, clean eating, and every 3 months detoxing with a 10 day juice fast. 
He looks and feels FANTASTIC!

I was so inspired, and felt so deeply I needed to do this for my body. So I'm doing it!

I'm on a 10 day, or longer, juice feast. {I call it a juice feast, not a fast, because I don't limit how many times a day I drink fruits and veggies.  If I want it, I drink it.  NO LIMITS to complete nutrients flowing through my body.}
That means I put nothing into my body but juice from fruits and veggies that I juice. 
Also, I drink tons of water, take vitamins and eat almonds. 
Just so you know, juicing is so much fun! And seriously, it tastes yummy, too.


I choose to drink fruit based juice in the mornings, and the rest of the day I do green vegetable based juices. 
Too much "sugar" from fruits isn't healthy.








What happens when you juice raw, fresh vegetables/fruits is that the liquid goes into your body, and your body can absorb all the wonderful nutrients really fast, since there's not much digesting to be done.  
This makes a body SO HAPPY!

Here's a website I like for juicing recipes, and tons of information, if you're interested. 
There's a lot more to juicing the right way, then I thought.

You may be skeptical, but I've researched this, and I assure you I'm doing something extremely healthy and good for my body. 
When a body is getting as much good nutrients as I am doing with mine, it naturally detoxes.
And all those toxins go in the liver and kidney's before expelling from the body.  
In order to help ease the shock to these organs, I put cranberries in my juices for my kidney's, and take Milk Thistle supplement, for my liver.  
I get nearly 2000 calories a day eating this way!  It's clean, pure, nutrient-rich calories.


I'm doing this to cleanse my body, detox it, REPAIR it, and feel healthy. {You would be amazed at how much a body can repair itself when given the right nutrients to do its job.  Even internal repairs from childhood and emotional repairs.}
I'm not doing this to 'lose weight fast', but rather to be and feel healthy.  
For me, losing weight is just the glorious side effect. It's my body rewarding me because I'm feeding it so well.
I know it's extreme, {not as 60 day juicer man}, but I honestly do not feel deprived.  
Another wonderful thing, I don't crave the sweets I used too. I'm serious!  This is a big deal for me. 


Today is "Day 4" of my juice feast. I already feel healthier and bonus... I've lost 9 pounds! Yep, you read right. 
A 9 pound loss!


It feels weird not eating/ chewing. I look forward to the times I eat my nuts, since I kinda miss chewing! 
It's been a rough few days with withdraws and headaches.  This is good!  It won't last. 
Soon, a lot of the toxins will be gone from my body, and it will get used to pure vitamins flowing through it.


Gross, but incase you're wondering... in the first couple days of me doing this, I got rid of the intial waste left from eating poorly. 
After that, it's normal to only urinate most days. {Toilet paper saver! ha!}
The body absorbs so much of the nutrient-filled liquid, there's not much waste it has to get rid of.


I know I'm going to feel amazing after the headaches leave. I already feel my body getting healthier. 
I feel lighter, not just weight-wise, because fatty foods cause one to feel heavy.
Also, my moods are pleasant, my energy is high, my mind feels clear, and most importantly, I FEEL CLEAN!


Just sharing this with others, I've inspired 3 other people to change their eating habits, to repairing their bodies through juicing fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. Wonderful!


I think this extreme juicer guy is really onto something.  
If you think about it, God gave us fruits and vegetables and nuts, to keep us healthy, to give us nutrients and to immune our bodies from diseases. 
One cup at a time, I can have it all!  

Bottoms up!!!


Photos taken January 3, 2012

This is before I started eating no sugars, or juicing fruits and veggies.
It's depressing to look at, really.


The above photos I had to take for a weight lose challenge I entered.
I figure I may as well show my progress on my blog, too.
I will have pictures of me taken on the 3rd of every month.




1 Royal Remarks:

Shavonne said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! And you've lost 9 pounds already?! Nice job Autumn :) Keep it up!