»

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Brunch

"Because we have a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ and know that we are spirit children of God, we should be the most positive-thinking people in the world. We know that our loving Father in Heaven has put us on earth to succeed, not to fail."  [Preparing for Exhalation Lesson Manual


 It has always been very easy for me to see the negative in all things.
 I know it has to do with how I was raised. In fact, it has everything to do with how I was raised.

 But as I have learned, "When you know better you do better". 
{One of my favorite quotes from Maya Angelou!}

 I'm a 35 year old woman who has a family of her own now, and I haven't lived with my first family in ages. 
 I think it's time I get out of the bad habit I've allowed to control me.

This year, I have set some personal goals. 
It's the "ME" year, as I like to call it! 

 The very first goal- TOP PRIORITY- I have for me, is to stop thinking negatively and start seeing the positive.
 To look for good in all things, and in all people. 

 This may seem like a little goal for some of you, but for me it's a mountain
 When you're taught one way, and taught that way for sooo many years, it becomes very much a part of you.
 It's instilled in all the fibres of your being.

 So needless to say, this is a very big change, with a lot of effort on my part.

 I've already begun this personal change. 
I can see a difference in me already, and I really like what I see. 

 My sister, Tami, has also noticed the change in me. She noted it when I shared with her my goal.
 I was a little surprised with her telling me that she noticed, but it was also a welcomed compliment.
 It makes me want to continue working hard on my goal. 

 I know I have a   l o n g  way to go.
 I know I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be. 
 There are good days.
 There are bad days.

 But, I know I can try every day to work hard at being a better Autumn.

 I am deeply grateful I have the power within my God-given spirit to change anything in my life. What an awesome blessing God has given all mankind!

 I know that with my hard work, and with the help of a loving Father, and His son, I can change. - "...with God, all things are possible."

And this change of attitude is something I intend to change. Indefinitely.


0 Royal Remarks: