»

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Get Up and Move 2012

I joined a weight loss challenge!




I'm really excited to be on a team, learn new things, make new friends, and lose weight.
Even though I'm already on my own weight loss journey, and this isn't the sole reason for me to lose my weight, I think this will be fun, exciting, and add motivation.

The challenge began January 7th, and ends April 28th. {nearly 4 months}
There's lots of prizes through out the challenge, but the grand prize is $250 for the biggest loser.
$150 for the person who has the highest score sheet. {exercise}
And gift cards for the winning team.

There's 3 teams of 12.
Black Team, Red Team, and Yellow Team. {We have colored T-shirts}
I'm on the Black Team, which is a GREAT group!
I love my trainer.

Every Saturday, we meet from 8a-10a.
We do exercises, classes, challenges, and weigh-in.
We weigh ourselves in front of a leader, and a body mass index machine is used. The trainers, and each contestant, have a copy of the weekly numbers.

Each contestant took "before" pictures. When the challenge is complete, we will take "after" pictures, as well.

 My "Before Picture". ACK! - 197 Pounds

Just cause I can't wait...I plan to take pictures every month so I can see the changes.
I will have my pictures taken on the 3rd of every month and plan to share them on this blog. {eeeek}

Today is "Week 3", and  from the start of the challenge to date, I've lost 9 pounds. Exciting!
{Since I began my journey this past summer, I've lost 24 pounds total.} 
And believe it or not, I'm average in my weight loss.
There's many other contestants who SPANKED me in their weight loss, so far!  I'm so happy for them, but it also makes me want to work harder.

My personal course of action to lose weight:

Food:
I eat and drink vegetables and fruits, as well as eating protein rich foods/meats, and vitamins.
My choice of drink is water. I drink milk when my body tells me it wants it.
I eat as clean as I possibly can, with no sugar or refined sugars.
The more I eat healthy, the better I feel and the sugar cravings have literally disappeared.
{I refuse to take weight loss pills, drops, or any form of "quick" weight-loss garb.}

Exercise:
Running, Spinning, Weights, Zumba, Core Mix, and Muscle Mix.
I exercise 6 days a week, for 1 hour minimum. Sometimes longer.

Of course, I'd love to be the biggest loser and win!  However, my #1 goal is to make life changes for good.  To teach myself to be healthy, happy, and to live a long life.
This challenge is just something fun along my personal journey.

1 Royal Remarks:

Shaina said...

This is a great challenge. Wish I had something like this to participate in. Good luck! Can't wait to see your results!