Set in
An encounter with a Mormon missionary and his unusual message of a "restored gospel" leaves Richard Kenyon, a young Methodist minister, questioning his life's work when he cannot deny a growing testimony of this peculiar American religion.
But Richard soon finds himself struggling to recognize the promised blessings of the gospel when violent persecution shakes the fledgling Church in Wales. Richard's newfound faith is put to the test as he faces down the anger of his former congregation, his wife's indecisiveness, the betrayal of his brother, and the murderous intentions of misinformed villagers.
Told with passion and heart, All That Was Promised is a riveting tale. This stunning debut by Vickie Hall is guaranteed to uplift and inspire long after the story ends.
My Review:
First off, I think the cover of this novel is gorgeous. It captures the essence of Wales, the time period, and makes me want to pick it up and read it.
My favorite reading is historical fiction, and I love LDS church history. The two combine in this novel, which made an exciting read for me.
The author captured my heart immediately with her well rounded, very realistic characters.
I could easily visualize each character, and enjoyed reading about each one. I enjoyed the setting of Wales, as well. Over all, Hall did a marvelous job painting a visual picture through her words.
The story line is wonderful. You have your romance, deceit, bad guy, good guy, spiritual, betrayal, forgiveness, shame, heart ache, murder, revenge, family and triumph.
All That Was Promised, is a well written novel that I couldn't put down. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and highly recommend. Well done, Vickie Hall!
Many thanks to the author, for giving me the opportunity to read your beautiful novel. I look forward to reading more of your works.
About the Author, Vickie Hall:
But Richard soon finds himself struggling to recognize the promised blessings of the gospel when violent persecution shakes the fledgling Church in Wales. Richard's newfound faith is put to the test as he faces down the anger of his former congregation, his wife's indecisiveness, the betrayal of his brother, and the murderous intentions of misinformed villagers.
Told with passion and heart, All That Was Promised is a riveting tale. This stunning debut by Vickie Hall is guaranteed to uplift and inspire long after the story ends.
My Review:
First off, I think the cover of this novel is gorgeous. It captures the essence of Wales, the time period, and makes me want to pick it up and read it.
My favorite reading is historical fiction, and I love LDS church history. The two combine in this novel, which made an exciting read for me.
The author captured my heart immediately with her well rounded, very realistic characters.
I could easily visualize each character, and enjoyed reading about each one. I enjoyed the setting of Wales, as well. Over all, Hall did a marvelous job painting a visual picture through her words.
The story line is wonderful. You have your romance, deceit, bad guy, good guy, spiritual, betrayal, forgiveness, shame, heart ache, murder, revenge, family and triumph.
All That Was Promised, is a well written novel that I couldn't put down. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and highly recommend. Well done, Vickie Hall!
Many thanks to the author, for giving me the opportunity to read your beautiful novel. I look forward to reading more of your works.
About the Author, Vickie Hall:
I was always writing plays as a child, and my mother would clear out the basement so the neighborhood kids could perform my "works of art". In high school I was encouraged by my English teacher, Mrs. Harvey, who once asked of me, "Have you ever thought of becoming a writer?"
Well, I wrote my first "novel" at age seventeen, a sappy love story between a beach bum and a rich girl. Ah, to be seventeen again.
But from that first attempt I have never looked back, working to improve my skills and voice as a writer.
Perseverance is not always easy to maintain in life, especially when it comes to writing, but when you love something as much as I love writing it becomes a necessity of life. I hope my readers will experience my passion for the written word, my faith, my optimism, and general belief that we can overcome adversity in this life and know true happiness.
I am a native ofUtah but have also lived in Montana , Nebraska , Idaho and Colorado .
I love to go camping with my family; I enjoy travel and have a great love of history.
Favorite Quote: "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot
Never give up on your dreams!
Well, I wrote my first "novel" at age seventeen, a sappy love story between a beach bum and a rich girl. Ah, to be seventeen again.
But from that first attempt I have never looked back, working to improve my skills and voice as a writer.
Perseverance is not always easy to maintain in life, especially when it comes to writing, but when you love something as much as I love writing it becomes a necessity of life. I hope my readers will experience my passion for the written word, my faith, my optimism, and general belief that we can overcome adversity in this life and know true happiness.
I am a native of
I love to go camping with my family; I enjoy travel and have a great love of history.
Favorite Quote: "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot
Never give up on your dreams!
Here is the author’s site.
Here is the author’s blog.
Recipe from Vickie:
Welsh Cucumber, Cheese, and ChiveSandwich Spread:
Recipe from Vickie:
Welsh Cucumber, Cheese, and Chive
8 ounces cream cheese
½ medium cucumber, finely diced
1 spring onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried mint
Salt and black pepper
Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes, to soften it slightly.
Add all the ingredients, EXCEPT the cucumber, and mix thoroughly.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the diced cucumber and gently fold through the mixture. Check the seasoning once more.
Serve as a sandwich spread or as a dip for crudités; also wonderful with crackers and scones. This spread is delicious when served with smoked salmon.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.







0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment