»

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

T is for Tucker and...

K is for Kindergarten.


Put the two together...Tucker started Kindergarten!



Tucker has been wearing his backpack for over a week now, all excited about starting kindergarten. 

The 4 older kids started the school year a week ago, but kindie started a week later so the teachers could have an assessment of each child before they started school.

It's been a l...o...n...g week for Tucker.  5 year olds aren't known for patience.

Today was Tucker's big day! 
He has half day kindie, and was put in the P.M. class.

Before Andelin and I took Tucker to school, the three of us took a few snapshots:








We went to school early so Tucker could eat lunch. 
We saw Emmalese and Spencer in the lunch room with us, which instantly put a smile on Mr. Kindergarten's face!

I think Tucker was a little nervous, because he didn't eat much food. 




As we walked towards Tucker's classroom, he seemed to have some apprehension set in a little bit.  
He was asked if he wanted a cookie and a picture with the school mascot, a Hawk. 

He refused the invitation.

We went to his classroom door, and he seemed more confident and brave.
{He'd been in his classroom twice before, so he was familiar. Once to meet his teacher, and the other on assessment day.}



We walked in, and he knew where to leave his backpack.
Then, he went straight to his assigned table.

His teacher, Mrs. Champion, welcomed him with a smile and put a name tag on his shirt. 
As he sat there, a look of  forlorn crossed his face. 
You could tell that all of the hype was sinking in, and that meant he was going to have to stay at school ALONE.

I was already emotional, but I put on a brave face.
I reminded him where I'd be right after school, said goodbe, then blew him a kiss.
Andelin waved her chuuby hand at him, too. 

Sniff.
Andelin and I left our little buddy behind.



As for me, I got teary-eyed, of course.
I was choked up with all the motherly emotions of letting your sweet child out of your arms, and essentially into the world.
He's a big kid now, was all I could tell myself, and it seemed surreal. 
My how time passes us by, and ya blink and they're big people.

Even though I will miss my buddy Tucker, I know kindergarten is the start of him becoming more than I can possibly imagine. 



After school...
Tucker reported he had a good day, and said he cried a little because he wanted me with him at school. 
Ahhh, now that's enough to melt a mother's heart. He loves me after all!

I hope that tomorrow Tucker will have a good day, without little tears. 
{I already miss and love you too, my sweet Tucker!!}





2 Royal Remarks:

Nancy said...

AW! All I remember about starting Kindergarten is that someone had the same shoes as me!
Tucker is so grown up!

Tristi Pinkston said...

If your kids got any cuter ...