An Angel On Main Street, by Kathi Oram Peterson, is such a delightful and touching Christmas story. If you're looking for a warm-fuzzy book to warm your heart- this is the holiday book to read this year!
Click Here To Buy It Online
Click Here To Read An Excerpt
Synopsis:
Micah Connors, an eleven-year-old boy who has been in and out of trouble since his father died in the Korean war, now has a chance to start over in this new town he, his mother and little sister have moved to. Things are finally going right until he happens upon his new friend who needs his help, which results in the town’s sheriff escorting Micah home. Will he tell Micah’s mother about this new trouble or will the discovery of a nativity being built several pieces at a time by an ominous do-gooder divert the officer? More trouble with Micah is the last thing his mother needs for not only is Dawn Connors desperate to provide for her little family, but her daughter, Annie, is very ill. When Micah tells Annie about the rustic structure being built in the center of town, she is certain unseen angels are building it and when the baby Jesus arrives He will make her better. Worried for Annie, Micah vows to find the nativity builder and bring the baby Jesus to her, even though it will only be a doll. Making Annie better is uppermost in his mind. But in his quest Micah learns angels are nearer then he ever would have believed.
__________________
My thoughts and review:
Angel On Main Street is only 99 pages long but is packaged with 99 pages of wonderful story.
I thought I'd be crying my eyes out the whole time- it just seemed like a book that would do that to me. I held the tears in until the end... then it hit me like a ton of bricks. An Angel On Main Street has a wonderful ending. The tears are good ones!
I really enjoyed this book for many reasons...
I liked the 'history' involved. I like time period books- this one is set in the 1950's. {I know that's not long ago...but the way of life then and now is different. Also, since I wasn't alive in the 50's it is always great to read of how life WAS.}
I love the main characters name: Micah. I have a brother named Micah and so I would envision his face at 11 years old as I read the book.
I enjoyed the protective feelings Micah has over his mother and sister. Loosing a father is hard and a son who feels like he should step up to help his mother is always noble. Also, the sweet things Micah does for his sister is very touching.
I thought the storyline was tender to read. It seemed real to me- all the feelings Micah had. Kathi Oram Perterson did a very good job in writing this as realistic as possible with very believable characters and situations. {One of the reasons I thought I'd cry through the book.}
The whole idea of the towns people being excited to see a new statue added daily to the nativity at the city center was such a treat to read. You just don't see people being so happy over little things that really matter much anymore. It was wonderful!
An Angel On Main Street also helped my desire to finish my own novel. Which is something I needed.
Thank you, Kathi, for allowing me to read such a wonderful, inspiring and delightful Christmas story! It's a lovely book.
About the author:
Kathi Oram Peterson was born in the small town of Rigby, Idaho. Since childhood, she has loved reading and writing stories. After winning the Heart of the West (1994) and Golden Pen (1995) contests, she put her writing on hold to finish her English degree. Upon graduation, she worked for a curriculum publisher writing and editing concept and biography books for children. She now devotes her time writing inspirational fiction





1 Royal Remarks:
Thank you for reading and reviewing my book. Your comments touched my heart. :)
Post a Comment