»

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Brunch

This morning, I didn't feel well at all.  I wanted to go to church, but after I showered and still didn't feel good, I decided to go back to bed.  I slept for another 4 hours.

I was disappointed in my body.  I needed and wanted to be at church today!
This was the day my 12 year old, Parker, passed the sacrament for the first time.

I'm so glad his dad was there, though. At least one of us was present.
Warren said Parker did well for it being his first time.
Parker said he was glad he got to pass the sacrament, and it was fun. He said he wasn't nervous, at all.
{I know I would be, if it were me!}






Last week was special.  Warren conferred the holy Aaronic priesthood, to our son, Parker.

It was wonderful to be present- to feel the spirit so strongly, and to witness such a profound, yet quiet, ordinance.
The whole experience furthered my personal testimony in the priesthood.




I got to thinking of the ordinance last week, and how it was done so quietly, and unannounced to the world. Something very big, very profound, very special was going on in a little church, to a little boy, in a little town in Utah.
Yet, the world was about its business as usual. Not knowing of something profound happening that very hour.
I can see in my minds eye, thousands of years ago, when Jesus conferred the priesthood to His twelve apostles. Something so profound, done quietly, while the world bustled about.

I think of all the young men, and men, who hold the priesthood all around this world. There are many who carry this banner proudly, unannounced to the world.
They carry with them the power of God- to do His work on earth. They have within them to be as great as they can be, if they choose to do so righteously. Magnificent!

It's amazing, glorious, and very special to me, that 3 of my own carry the priesthood with them wherever they go, whatever they do, every single day. They are part of the Lord's army, here on earth.
What an honor, what a blessing!



[ I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of Parker and his dad,  last week,  As well, as one with his brother, Conner. I will take one next week, when they're in their Sunday best, and post it here. ]

0 Royal Remarks: