Synopsis:
Is it possible for love to conquer all? I'll Know You By Heart is a timeless romance
that explores the possibility that relationships span the entire realm of eternity. A story about abuse, hardship, betrayal, it is ultimately a story about the healing power of everlasting true love.
My thoughts:
If you're in for tears, both sad and happy, this is the novel for you. It could be that I'm pregnant, so tears are inevitable, but I don't necessarily think so. The author, Kimberly Job, created her main character, Stephanie Roberts, well enough that most women can connect with her. When Stephanie is feeling sad, happy, tired or anxious, it is easy to feel the same emotion along with her. Thus the tears!
This horrifying and lovely romance novel left me cheering for eternal love! Though Stephanie Roberts doesn't find her eternal companion the 'coventional' way, this novel is still every inch of "love CAN conquer all odds" kind of story.
I use the word horrifying because some of the scenes are very hard to read emotionally.
Stephanie endures spousal abuse and her children witness some of it. I was bawling during several of these scenes because it's a reality for so many women out there. One of my sisters had to endure much of the things that were written in this novel and it was definitely hard for me to read this and not think of her.
I use the word lovely too because Stephanie has the gospel, she has faith and she has courage to leave. The good man she meets later on is polar opposites from who she married before that it becomes a lovely story. There is a happy ending!!
I was uplifted by the faith of several of the characters in this novel. It served a profound reminder to me of how strong faith and prayer can help ones soul in time of crisis and low times.
It was both heart- wrenching and heart-warming.
I commend Kimberly Job on her first novel! Thank you, Kimberly, for giving me your novel to read and review. It was my pleasure to do both!
____________________________
Genre: LDS Romance
To Purchase
Kimberly Job's Website







2 Royal Remarks:
Thanks for the review, Autumn! I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I hope that readers gain hope and eternal perspective from its pages.
It is a rockin' good book, is it not?
Post a Comment