I attended the annual LDStorymakers Conference this past weekend! {Yep, I meant the exclamation point at the end of the last sentence.} It's always worth the money ten-fold. Plus, I got to see lots of my writer friends too ... a totally fun reunion.
As most of you know I'm in the midst of writing my first novel, "As We Greet With a Kiss", as well as several children's picture books. Going to writing conferences, such as the one I attended, are invaluable to people like me. Not only is there much to learn about anything and everything you can think of when it comes to writing, but the networking is amazing too.
Being huge pregnant, tired and hurting I wasn't too sure how I was going to be able to handle two full days of the conference. Well, it was hard on me, but I pushed through it. The first day I was tired. The second day I was seriously exhausted all day and couldn't seem to wake up! There was even one time, on the second day, I had to skip one of my classes to sit out in the lobby in a comfy chair to rest.
I felt like such a wimp!
Other then that, I learned so much that my brain feels bigger!
I bought some great books and had them signed.
I had a nice reunion with my writer friends.
And I chatted with Editor, Lisa Mangum, at Deseret Book about my children's books.
All and all it was a SUCCESS!
Now back to reading all the great novels I bought at the conference ...
{Right now I'm reading "I'll know you by heart" by Kimberly Job.
I'm scheduled to do a review of her novel here on my blog when I'm done. So check back!}





2 Royal Remarks:
Sounds pretty neat! Autumn, when you're famous can I have your autograph? :)
I will have to thibk about it, Nancy. hehe
And just becasue I may get my books published, doesn't mean I'll be FAMOUS! ;)
Post a Comment