»

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cold Justice by Kathi Oram Peterson {Book Review}



Synopsis:

After overcoming missed connections, murder accusations, and years of living lives apart, Regi Bernard and Samuel Tanner's happily ever after is finally within reach.  On the eve of their wedding, however, Samuel disappears, and Regi wonders if once again he has run away from both a life with her and a membership in the church.
Quite the opposite; Samuel has been kidnapped by the Raven Clan, a powerful Alaskan tribe, and is en route to stand trial in front of their justice counsel for a puzzling crime that happened years ago.

When Regi and Samuel's close friends suspect a kidnapping, Regi- with the help of her sister, Claudia, and friend Wakanda- resolves to follow Samuel to Alaska but soon learns secrets about her fiance' she hadn't bargained for.
While Samuel struggles with his faith and with understanding why he has been accused, Regi risks life and love to set him free.

My Review:

This novel is a stand alone read, even with the previously written River Whispers, where some characters were introduced.

The cover of Cold Justice, is an intriguing one, and fits the book perfectly. Once I opened it's pages, I found I was in for action!

This romantic suspense definitely had me thinking..."can't wait to turn the page to find out what's next!"
Kathi Oram Peterson developed her characters very well- from the main characters to the sidekicks.
There's humor sprinkled at the right moments, which I really enjoyed.

I found the search and rescue mission from ones true love very touching.  I like a woman in hot pursuit to rescue her man, verses the typical 'Man save Woman' scenario. There's the right amount of romance, to boot.
Peterson knows how to draw a fine picture for travel and scenery. I felt the COLD in Cold Justice, quite realistically.

This book was well written, well rounded, and well, a superb read!

Here are words I think of when I read this GREAT action novel:
Love, Doubt, Captors, Rescue, Drugged, God, Survival, Quest, Compelling, Justice, Superstitions, Courage, Faith, Hope, Endurance.

Thank you kindly, Kathi Oram Peterson, for giving me the chance to read yet another one of your fantastic novels!

Goodreads Giveaway on June 30th!!!  Click here!

Purchase link:
Amazon

Links:

Website
Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Pinterest

 About the Author:


Kathi Oram Peterson was born in a small town in Idaho. Since childhood she has loved reading and writing stories. After raising her family, she put her writing on hold to earn a BA in English and a minor in Sociology. Upon graduation she worked for a curriculum publisher writing and editing concept and biography books for children.

Her first published novel was a young adult time travel titled, The Forgotten Warrior, released in 2009. Her best-selling Christmas book, An Angel on Main Street, was published later that year. In 2010, The Stone Traveler, another YA time travel was published. Her first romantic suspense, River Whispers, was released in 2011. Her new novel, Cold Justice, was published in 2012.


3 Royal Remarks:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Thanks, Autumn! I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

Emily M said...

What a cool blog! I'm excited to read this book!

pol said...

Missed the last day of tour but know you made it to the end, that sure would have been an awesome trip had it been real. virtual not so cold huh???
Happy 4th everyone...
Let Freedom Ring.

Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)