»

Monday, January 10, 2011

Guest Bedroom -- Take 3 {Burlap Wreath}

I found a creative burlap wreath online, and wanted to make my own version. 

It's for the guest bedroom, so pairing with the burlap, I chose brown and blue fabric.
I think it turned out cute.






Want to make one?

Supplies:

Wreath {Straw or Styrofoam form}
Burlap {3 foot piece}
2-3 fabrics {1/4 yard each}
Buttons or brads
Glue gun
Sharp scissors
Circle template


Tutorial:

1} I used my Cricut to cut out two circle templates.  2 in. and 3 in. circles.
{You can use anything as a template.}


2} I folded my fabric in fourths, to save time on cutting.  The burlap I folded only in half before cutting.

I used my circle template, and cut out 32 circles of both 2 inch and 3 inch, on both fabrics, and burlap.
I didn't make my circles "perfect".

{I ended up with 96 circles that were 2 inches, and 96 circles that were 3 inches. 192 circles combined.}


3} I took my straw wreath, and covered it with 4 inch wide burlap strip.

{I cut a 4 inch wide strip, the length of my burlap. Secure the end of the burlap strip to your wreath using your glue gun. Then wrap the fabric tightly around your wreath form until the entire wreath is covered. Overlap the edges slightly as you wrap. Secure the other end to your wreath, with glue gun.}





4} I randomly placed fabric circles, and burlap circles, on top of each other to create 'flowers'.
Glue the two pieces together with glue gun.



5} I added the circle flowers to the wreath.  I started from the inside of the wreath, out.  There's no pattern to do this, just randomly place, and adhere with glue gun as I went along.


6} To jazz it up a bit, I added buttons to some of the circle flowers. I used the glue gun.



7} Then I took thin strips of burlap and fabric, and made a hanger.



8}  All finished!  It took about 1 1/2 hours to make it.





Cost: Approx. $12! 

4 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

So I got all jealous of you getting your craft on. So... I am going to a class tomorrow. Crap that mean you are inspiring! Still jealous! Can't wait to see you!
;) Tif

courtney said...

Very cute!

The Girls' Mom said...

it looks cute! i cant wait to try one

Autumn said...

I LOVUE IT MOM I LOVE YOU....