»

Friday, January 20, 2012

What's in my glass?

I've been juicing for 17 days now, and I absolutely lOvE it!
It's night and day the difference in my energy, clarity, mood, and feeling clean.
The most beneficial thing for me, is I don't crave sweets or soda. I'm flabbergasted!
Whatever is in fruits and veggies, is taking away the cravings. It's true! {Remember, I'm a sugar addict.}

I solely juice feasted, and ate almonds, for 10 days straight.
Also, I took, and still take, a complete women's multivitamin, Milk Thistle- which helps my liver with all the toxins being dumped in it, and alternating daily between Fish Oil and Flax Seed Oil.
How did it go? Surprisingly, it went pretty good all things considered. My head and body ached for about 6 days, before I felt really great. As dreary as it sounds, it's a good and natural thing as the body detoxes.

After the 10 days, I began to eat clean proteins and raw or steamed veggies. I still juice all day.
And 17 days of putting healthy food in my body, I feel amazing!
I want juicing to be a part of my life. It gives my body all it needs to thrive.
Bonus: I lost 14 pounds, so far!


Here's a peek into my kitchen when I juice...

This morning, for my breakfast juice, I juiced apples, strawberries, cranberries, oranges, celery, and cucumber.  YUM!
I choose to do fruit based juices in the mornings, to start my day with an extra spike of energy.  The rest of the day I do green vegetable based juices.
When I juice, I don't follow "recipes".  I just go with what my body tells me sounds good, and I juice that.
I try to keep a large variety to choose from in my fridge, which is nice.

Bountiful Baskets is a vegetable/ fruits co-op, and I get a lot of my produce this way, which is much more affordable. It's in several states, if you're interested.

Here's what I picked to mass juice today:

 2 Yams, 6 Carrots,  2 Cucumbers , 3 Radishes, 8 Celery stalks, 1 whole yellow squash, 1/2 a container of spinach, {approx. 5 oz}, 35-ish cranberries, 1 lemon, and 2 apples.

{I always add 1 lemon and 1-2 apples to my vegetable juices. This takes the bitterness away, plus the lemon is needed for helping the nutrients in the veggies to absorb in the body. And, I always put cranberries in every single juice batch. The reason is for my kidneys. I don't want the toxins in my body to hurt my kidneys, and cranberries help with that.}

Could you imagine EATING all this throughout the day? It would take forever!
It's a fact that when it's juiced, the liquid can absorb the nutrients faster in the body. Not to mention, it's delicious together verses eating one thing at a time.


Here's me juicing a cucumber.


 Here's where the juice flows out. This is carrot juice.


 Here's where the pulp comes out.



 I choose to re-juice the pulp, since my juicer isn't a fancy one that gets all the juice out the first time around.
See how wet the pulp is, still?  Once I re-juice, the amount of pulp in the container is cut in half.
When I can, I will buy a better juicer.


Here's what all those fruits and veggies turned into...
a big bowl of nutritious juice!  




 I measured the juice, and it came to just over 8 cups.



 I filled one of my goblets I drink from, which is just shy of 2 cups of juice.  
I know it's a gross color and doesn't look so appetizing, ha!
Depending on what I juice, the color will be different. 
But I promise, it was cool, refreshing and I dare say, delicious.
Bottoms up!


The other 6 cups, I put in a pitcher, with a lid, and tucked it safely in my fridge. I will drink the rest of the juice through out the day/evening- even after my work-out.
If I want more, I juice more.  I do not limit myself to any number of glasses.

What's in your glass?

0 Royal Remarks: