I LOVE potatoes!
One of my favorite dishes to make is Baked Potato Soup. I have followed many recipes over the years but I have adapted and refined what I love.
I 'm headed to the grocery store tonight to purchase the ingredients for this soup because I will be making it on Thursday for my Book of Mormon study and craft group. I host this once a week activity with several ladies.
Since it is a potluck as well- I put myself in charge of the 'main dish' and my friends bring the side dishes and desserts.
Since I had to pull up my recipe anyway I thought I'd share it...

Ajoy's Baked Potato Soup
* 7-8 peeled & chopped potatoes {big chunks}
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 4 cups chicken stock or 1 family size can of Cream of Chicken Soup {add an extra cup of water or milk if you choose the cream chicken soup}
* 4 cups water
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoons season salt
* 2 teaspoons dill
* 1 clove garlic {minced}
* 1 cup half-and-half
* 1 cup shredded cheese
* 8 ounces bacon - cooked and crumbled
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 1 pkg. Cream Cheese
* Sour cream
Put all ingredients into your crockpot. {except 1/4 of the bacon, 1/2 of the chopped green onions and 1/2 of the shredded cheese and cornstarch.}
Turn on HIGH for several hours.
Once it is nearly done...take several spoons of the soup liquid in a bowl- add cornstarch and mix together. Add back into the crockpot to thicken.
Once it's done...serve in individual bowls-topped with a dallop of sour cream, a few bacon bits, some shredded cheese and a sprinkle of chopped green onions. Salt to your taste.





0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment