There's nothing like homemade bread, fresh from the oven, slabbed with real butter. It makes my mouth water just typing this!
Today I am grinding my own wheat then making it into bread right away. I can't wait to take a bite into that bread.

Did you know that it is so much more healthy for you to grind your own wheat and turn it into bread then buying store bought bread?
How much better?
You will be surprised.
The MOST nutrients you can get in one slice of whole wheat, whole grain bread from the best of the best breads on the market is 4 grams of fiber and the majority have much less. When you grind your own wheat and use that wheat right away {That's the key. So many nutrients get lost if you let the wheat flour sit as the stores have to do.} you get 12 grams of fiber. That's PER SLICE!
That freshly ground wheat, which is very good for your body, can be used in making not only bread but cookies too! And they really are delicious.

Update: My wheat that I canned in February 1999 was opened today for my baking bread and cookies. One #10 can of wheat {after I ground it into wheat flour} made 4 loaves of bread and 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies! You may think the wheat would be stale tasting because it's been sitting in can for so long. Nope... tastes GREAT!





4 Royal Remarks:
We use whole wheat for everything, and my kids think thats the way things should be. They don't even like white bread. Unfortunately, I haven't made bread in a long time. I can almost smell yours baking though. My mouth's watering.
Oh I just love homemade wheat bread I bet your house smells super yummy. I wish that I could get myself to have enough energy to make some bread, but I am to lazy!!! So I have a question for you do you want that cat that I blogged about or do you know Of anyone who might want him like maybe your friend Brenda, because I don't think that we are going to keep him. I am afraid he is going to get to hot this summer.
Tiffy-
Sorry, no cats for us. I can ask Brenda, though. I doubt she will want it. They are leaving for Utah Monday and will be gone a week or so. I will let you know what she says. Good luck!
If not- I'm afraid the Humane Society is your best bet.
Ooh, Autumn, that makes me want to make bread, I haven't in so long!!! I love home-baked goods so much better than store bought cookies, in fact I crave them! Yumm-o!
Post a Comment