»

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tutorial: Apothecary Trio

 



Before:



I just lOvE how these beauties turned out! 

Want to make your own set?

Supplies:

I bought most of these things at Hobby Lobby on clearance! I spent around $20 to make this great apothecary set. I'm a very happy crafter!

Glue gun
Sand paper
3 clear jars with lids  {I like them in different sizes}
3 medium- sized unfinished, round, wood bases
3 unfinished wood finales
3 unfinished candle sticks { I bought a pkg. of 6, and glued them together to make 3}
Paint {I used spray paint}
Twine
Fun things to fill the jars {I did green moss, river rocks, and natural balls}





Tutorial:

1} Fill your jars with whatever you like. {If it's seasonal jars, you can use candy or decorations to be festive.}

2} Take the lids, and the unfinished wood pieces, and paint. {You can use any color. You can use craft paint, or spray paint}




3} Take your painted lids, and ball of twine. Do not cut twine!!  Just use from your ball, adding twine to the side of lid, going around carefully gluing with a glue gun, as you add the twine. 
Cut off the the twine, once the end is reached.








4} Take all the painted pieces and shabby them up a bit, by using sand paper on all edges.






5} If you have medium candlesticks, then you're good.  If you had to buy a package of 6 small candlesticks like me, then glue the two top ends together with your glue gun.




6} Then take the candlesticks and medium round wood bases, and glue them together- centered.




7} Next, take the lids and the painted wood finales, and glue those together- centered.
Screw them on the jars.




8} Glue the jars, and the candlestick bottoms, together. Make sure they're centered, as well.
And it's done! CUTE, CUTE!




One of these days, I'd like to do another set for my entryway. They're awesome! 

5 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!! -- Tif

Rae's World said...

So.... I want a set of those for my birthday. I am just giving you plenty of time to get them made. Please fill them with seasonal candy. That would be awesome!!! Love you!

Autumn said...

Ummm, yes ma'm, Rachel. ;)
If I can get the things on sale, I will.

Pink Cake Plate said...

Great Job Autumn!! Check out this site for another great tut!!
http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/how-to-make-primitive-apothecary-jars-with-recycled-jars/2011/03/17/

MelissaDaams said...

cute idea. good job!