»

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Brunch

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted a Sunday Brunch post...time just seems to slip away from me. Even though I'm really tired- I thought I'd take a few minutes to share my thoughts.

I was reading in The Book of Mormon last night in preparation of my Sunday School class and came across something profound to me:


2 Nephi 31:

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.


I especially felt a quickening in my heart when I read the passages "press forward" and "there is none other way".

Once again, I have felt the power and love of a Father in Heaven through reading scriptures. I can feel just how much these words were meant as gentle, but genuine, guidance for us children. I can sense that these words are literally from our Father for anyone one of us who is feeling sad, lonely, afraid and doubtful.

Something sort of like- 'Keep going...you can do it!" or "My way is the only way...why can't you just see it? Choose me!"

I'm sure all of us have heard this quote:
"I never said it would be easy...only worth it."
Well, that's what comes to my mind when I ponder on these verses.

So... let's press forward, endure to the end and have more faith, my friends!
I'm going to try to remember this throughout my week. ;)

2 Royal Remarks:

Nan said...

Wow Autumn. Do you want to know something really weird and awesome? In my personal scripture study last night I read that same exact chapter in 2nd Nephi and pondered those same exact verses! They made me think of the song "Press Forward Saints" and I was singing the song as i read the verses. Thats so cool huh?!

Autumn said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing, Nan. Glad to know you study your scriptures. :) You're an awesome girl!

You graduate this summer...right? I can't believe you're almost an adult!