»

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's been 11 years...

since I have worked.

I've been a stay- at- home mommy all these years. It's an awesome thing to be a mom that stays home. It's harder then any other job I've had, but very rewarding. Warren and I prefer me to be at home- it just feels right that the mom stay home and the dad work.

But things are changing up for us. The next couple of months I am going to work. Oh my, this should be interesting! The reason is simply that I can not pass up this job opportunity. It's a temporary job {only 2 months} and the pay is spectacular. If this wasn't the case we would of never considered it as an option in the least.

This is going to my last post for a long time. I'll be taking a job that is 4 hours northeast from here and won't be coming home until the job is done.
Thankfully, it's not that bad of a drive so Warren and the kids can come see me every other weekend. I wish it were EVERY weekend- but that's not feasible.
To tell you the truth I'm sad to be leaving my children for so long. Seeing them but every 2 weeks is gonna KILL me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The job will be long hours too. Working 6 days a week...12 hour days. I'm gonna be EXHAUSTED. Sunday will be my only day off. This is going to get some getting used to, sheesh. I'm tired just thinking about my long days- on my feet. grrrrrrrrr

Is it worth it? Certainly. Only because it's a short period of time. That's the key. I will just keep telling myself: "It's only two months....It's only two months..." over and over and hopefully it will go by fast!

Until the end of May or beginning of June....ta ta.

11 Royal Remarks:

Arlyn said...

Are you going to tell us what this fab job is? BTW: Good luck to you AND your family!

Autumn said...

Ooops...I didn't think of that, Arlyn!

I will be working at a power plant. I'll be doing the most exciting job- EVER. I'll be running elevators for construction workers all day long...every day...6 days a week...12 hours a day. Up, down, up, down. Joy.

It seems like the stupidest job in the world- but with the money I'll be getting and the short period of time...it is very much worth the 'stupid, boring job'!! ;)

Don said...

Wow - that sounds like quite the deal. The best thing about working so many hours is that you won't have time to get bored (and into trouble. Yeah, we know you...)

So I guess Storymakers is out for sure this year. Too bad - we'll miss ya!

Autumn said...

Yes, Storymakers Conference is out this year, Don! :S I'm sooooooo sad. It would of been great to see you again- as well as several others I miss.

My plan is to go next year though. Knock on wood.

The Girls' Mom said...

Well, I'll miss you while your gone, this is my best form of communication with you. When do you leave I find out on Friday what we are having, will you still be home?
Best of luck at the job and have a good time with tami. Hopefully there won't be any mean Vietnamese ladies to torture you.

I Am Boymom said...

Bummer! I was going to tell you to enter my contest for Disney on Ice tickets for April 9th! Oh well, hope the money helps, I am looking for work right now too. Hard to leave hme after 1o years! Hope I can find an awesome job like you did! Good luck and have fun!

Samara said...

I am going to miss you!

Kara said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. If you could bring a computer along with video capabilities you could Skype with your family every evening. Hope all goes smoothly for you!

Jewel Allen said...

I wondered about Storymakers, too. We'll miss you! Have fun with this job. Sounds like a chance to people-watch like crazy for your next story ;-)

Kristi said...

Glad Arlyn asked the question that I was going to ask. You'll be gone for two months eh? Wow...changes are happening all around us. Take care and have fun? :)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey, you shall be missed!