»

Monday, December 8, 2008

Secret Santa

Every December our family looks forward to playing Secret Santa.
We are the hosts and have many families share the experience with us. Every family involved {this year it's 12 families total} draw another families name from the pot. {We draw amongst ourselves}

Between December 1st- 24th each family has to do 3 secret mission, stealth-like drop-offs at the home of the family they drew. The number one goal is to not get caught. It's SECRET Santa, afterall.
The gifts can be homemade goodies/ presents or store bought.




Then one of the first weekends in January all the families involved get together at the church for a potluck dinner. We reveal who had who and share some funny stories of almost getting caught and what not.

This is a super fun Christmas activity for us all and it doesn't cost very much. I love hosting this every year and our children really get into it- which makes my heart happy.
Memories in the making. :)

With that said- this year I'm at a total loss for words. Our Secret Santa came last night. It was a wrapped gift with a note on the front:

To Autumn and Warren Weber-
Merry Christmas Autumn and Warren. Good little boys and girls receive the best of gifts.
Love, your Secret Santa

So far so good. {I thought it different that they didn't type a note of Merry Christmas to our whole family- maybe they didn't remember all our children names? Just Autumn and Warren. Oh, well.}

We unwrapped the package to find a box of Lucky Charms. Ok... then we realized it was heavier then a box of cereal. We tore open the cereal box to find a box full of rocks. What in the world?



Now you know why I'm at a loss for words. No words, folks.
The only thing I can think of is that it's a trick and we'll be getting something Christmasy tonight? We'll see.
Or maybe they are showing us in a very obvious way that they don't think our boys and girls are very good. haha

For some odd reason I don't think rocks have anything to do with Christmas! teehee


3 Royal Remarks:

Arlyn said...

Now I'll be waiting to see what happens!

courtney said...

That's odd but their might be a really good lessen in the end...keep us posted.

Tristi Pinkston said...

At least it wasn't coal?

Have you had them checked to see what kind of rocks they are? Maybe they're diamond rocks. :)