»

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Secret Santa revealed

Last night we had our Secret Santa potluck and revealing party at our church building. It was fun to set up a room in Christmas decor AFTER Christmas. With red covered tables, fake snowflakes everywhere and Christmas music playing in the background- we had guests arriving with arm loads of good food. We had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches as the main dish and lots and lots of side dishes and desserts. {BTW- Rick Calhoun made THE BEST beans ever. Yum.}

Out of our 11 families involved- 8 showed. It must of been a bad night for this, darn it. I wish I would of known this in advance. {People don't communicate!} We usually have every family involved show up.

After dinner we started with the stories and the guessing of who each family thought had them and so forth. In years past- our family tells our thoughts last. {As the host I do this out of good manners}. But this year I wanted to be first! We told everyone the gifts we got, who we thought we had and then I invited the family who had us to come forward.

No one stood up.

*Bawk, Bawk* --- Chickens.

The family we thought had us was present...I gave them a hard time for being chickens in not wanting to come forward. Sure enough- it wasn't them. OUR Secret Santa family wasn't there! Oh, my goodness!!!! Here I was ready to fire rocks at them to be stoned in public for their heiness crime {aluminum foil balls} and they weren't even there!

Out of the three families missing we know it wasn't one of them. {Someone told me earlier.}
We're down to two suspects.
One family is too sweet to do such a horrendous act of giving children rocks as gifts. The other family--well I can see this mom doing this. She's got that devilish streak in her! {She's our Primary President} As soon as we confirm it's this family we're going to do a sneak attack for FHE on Monday. {Under the cover of darkness, of course.} We're going to get them back with the ULTIMATE crime.

Oreo their van.

3 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

I don't know--all those yummy oreos... I would probably use lemon cremes or something I don't enjoy as much ;)

Unknown said...

We are in need of a clarification! Rick did not make the bean dish. Rick brought the bean dish that Sandi (my lovily wife) made. She makes the great dishes in our home. I stirred with great precsion and patients for 4 hours before I brought it down to the church with 3, count them 3 clean children! Too bad Sandi never showed up, so sad. It was a great party with lots of fun.

Rick

Kristi said...

I would have loved to hear what your "rock" secret santa had to say about their gift. Too bad you missed out. That would have been funny.