»

Monday, April 21, 2008

Our last week together

As I mentioned in one of my posts, Warren, my husband, leaves for Utah 1 week from today. He will be training with his brother, James, in the field of medical sales. Particularly, an electro-therepy machine that is used for Back injuries. The job is basically getting Doctors as the clientele and asking them to send their prescriptions for that machine the way of the sales rep in order to fill it. As well as working off a list from Worker's Comp. James makes fantastic money for his family and Warren would like to try his hand in this profession.

The company James and Warren work for is Zynex, headquarters located in Colorado. The head honcho in Colorado had a three way call with James and Warren not long ago and the end result was that Warren was given permission to open up a branch of Zynex here in the Phoenix area. The only requirement would be that Warren needs to train extensively with James to get the job down pat. We aren't sure just how long this will take.

The plan for right now is that Warren will be in Utah for 3 weeks at a time, staying with James and his family, and he'll fly home for a 5, or so, day visit. Back and forth, back and forth. As I said- we aren't sure how long this will be. We realize it will be very, very hard on our family but we are willing to make that sacrifice for now. At this point we are not planning to make a move to Utah as we thought we might have to. We are going to wait and see how these next few months pan out. Warren is really excited about returning to Phoenix to start a new branch for Zynex.

So...this is our last week together as a complete family. We are sad to see our Daddy leave us and we will miss him terribly. I am so grateful for close friends here that are more then willing to help me out as needed- for I will be relying on them a lot.

PS} On a lighter note- I wanted to mention that I am still in the works of completeing my Utah Trip Scrapbook Album everyday. I'll be adding the completed pages to this post if you're interested in seeing what's new. I'm happy to report that I'm nearly finished! I have only about 5 or so more pages to do. :)

9 Royal Remarks:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Good luck. When I married my husband, he was consulting in the States and flew home on the weekends. The kids and I took care of things at home and treasured the times when he was home. Definitely hard, but do-able.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Hope that didn't sound too depressing...what I meant to say was that I think you will be just fine and you'll learn to treasure the times when he is home even more than you do now.

The Girls' Mom said...

Heh-um! (Me tapping my toe) I think you need to email me and tell me your details, my daughters are going to be sad. I enjoy your utah slide show, very cute layouts.

Cabo Girl said...

I am soo happy that you put it in writing that your not moving to Utah!! ;)

Don said...

OK - gals share in your feelings and guys tell you how to fix them. That's how it's supposed to work, right?

So, here it goes. This kind of arrangement is very doable. It's not all that different from what Kara and I have done on and off for the last two years. I found one big bump in this road, though. I'll tell you how to keep it from shaking your fillings out.

When Warren is gone, you and the kids will develop a routine that works for you. When he gets home, that routine will be disrupted. No matter how happy everyone is when picking up daddy from the airport, you will be frustrated that he's messing up your rhythm, and he will be frustrated that he doesn't fit into your routine.

Just knowing this is coming will help a lot, and it's pretty simple to work out a plan to smooth over the rough patch.

And there you have it - your free advice for today.

Follow up consultations are 5¢.

Autumn said...

I love you, Don! You gave me what I needed to hear...and from a guy for that matter! hehe

Thank you!

Shaina said...

Well, it will be a tough transitory time, but you'll get through it! Friends are the best.

Me said...

I tell you Doll! I am go thankful that you are spending this weekend with my family and I. We just adore you all! We hope and pray that this time away from Warren is short! That this time away allows Warren to focus on financial growth!

Please know that, as you taught me so many years ago; it takes a village. I am here! Jim is here! We are willing and able! Call when you need anything!

Selfishly! I am so happy you are not yet moving to Utah! We (ARIZONA) would not be the same without you here! You are deeply loved and adored here!!!!! You help make Arizona home!

Autumn said...

Oh, Tiffany, you always make me cry! I am so glad to be here in Arizona with friends that are close as family like yours is to us. It makes me so happy to have you in our family!

We are gonna rock your world and house this weekend-- and hopefully the kids won't turn it upside down while we scrapbook. :P
hehehe

PS- Good luck on your marathon...I'll be rooting you on from my comfy couch! I'm SO proud that you're doing this marathon, girl!