»

Monday, June 13, 2011

Swimming CAN be fun.

Today, we took advantage of the free day of swimming at Pleasant Grove's pool.
This week, our town is celebrating Strawberry Days, and there's lots of fun things going on.  Free swim was today, so we were totally excited.  Aunt Kim, and her 5 kids, tagged along with us.  It was cousin Anni's birthday too, so she was excited for a day of swimming.

Despite the cool, overcast, windy day, we headed to the pool anyway.  Hello, it's free!  

It didn't go so well.

For starters, we get there and the pool didn't open at the time promoted, because they had to wait until their lifeguards arrived.  We waited over an hour.

I had to leave line, and run to Wal-mart for ice, for the cooler.

Got back.

Had to leave again, for home.  Someone forgot the cooler of water bottles on the table.

Get back, stand in line.

As the sea of people walked through the doors, we had to go through the bathrooms to get to the pool.
I had Tucker's hand, and in front of me stood the older boys.  I told Tucker to follow the boys. {I should of kept him with me}
We quickly rushed to a shade tree, {No need for shade. It was overcast!} and lay down our stuff, and set up a couple of chairs. Before kids could rush to the pool, I wanted to take a group photo.
Just as I noticed Tucker was missing from the group, I hear the intercom- "Can Autumn please come to the front desk.  Autumn, to the front desk."
TUCKER!

As I made my way to the front, I spot a lifeguard holding my 5 year old Tucker, who was balling his little eyes out.  He was so scared, my poor guy! He was so distraught, he was whimpering for quite awhile, as well as very clingy to me.
Gosh, I felt like Mother of the Year!
{Even before he went to bed, he was still talking about getting lost.  Oh, so sad!}


Weber kids with Lanegan cousins.
{Notice, Tucker has his head buried in Emmalese.  He wasn't going to pose happily!}

Spencer and Addason, ready to go!


Back to the pool...


Andelin loved the water!

Tucker, just before Tsunami boy came along. He smiled for a second!

Emmalese and Anni

Leah and Spencer

Lizzie, Anni, Conner, Parker and Lexi.


As long as we were IN the water, we were warm.
Well, the older kids could do that, easily.
Kim, me, and the little ones were in the shallow kiddie pool.  It was freezing!  Then, a kid comes over and Tsunami's Tucker, who is already on edge, and he looses it.  He can't stop crying.
And baby Andelin's teeth were chattering, even through her cute smile.

Forget it.  I was done! {It had been a whole 20 minutes, by now.}

I got out of the pool with the little ones, and warmed up.  (It took awhile}
I started making PB&J sandwiches, and chips, for kids. They soon migrated to the food.
I'm convinced the Doritos smell drifted across the pool to their nostrils.


Aunt Kim, with some kids, eating lunch in the "sun".  Not.


Just so you know, sitting out, with NO sun, was NOT fun.
And there was probably two whole water bottles used. One was mine.
It wasn't even hot enough out that kids wanted water. grrrrrrrrrrr

Kim needed to leave for work early, and I had all the kids.  {11 kids}
I wanted to be nice, and let them swim.  I waited. For a little bit.
I just couldn't last!  Wimp, am I.
After 2 full hours at the pool, I packed it up. I was sooo cold!!

Swimming CAN be fun.

Just not today.

0 Royal Remarks: