I'm in the midst of fine tuning an LDS children's book I wrote.
With that said-I really want to submit it but I'm not sure that in today's market children's books are really being considered for publication right now or anytime soon. Also, with it being a particular niche I'm selling too the limitations seem even less and less.
Those are the reasons I'm reserved about trying.
But, I'm going to be bold, fearless and not look back!!!
Ok, whatever, that's my alter ego speaking. I'm actually very timid and scared to death of submitting my work. The reason? Take a guess... it's only one word.
You're right. Rejection. The fear of rejection is almost paralyzing.
Ohhhh, but I just can't sit back and never try, right?
That sounds so much more comfortable though.
{This is me talking myself into trying.}
Alright, I'm going to act like I'm bold and fearless!
{Just breath, Autumn.}
I'm going to fine tune 'til the cows come home this week and find out all I can about who, what, when and where I should submit this endearing story of mine.
{I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Just breath.}
On another note- maybe you're wondering what the title of this book is? Well, I don't have one! I seriously can not come up with that 'perfect' title. I shouldn't fret too much though. Publishers usually change the title anyway.
Actually, I think it would be wise to submit a book with a title even if it probably will change.
{If it gets accepted, that is.}
What's kinda funny is that I have two other children's books that have titles but haven't been completed yet. The one that's complete is the one without the title!
{Yep, now this is me rambling because I'm so nervous.}
Such is my life.





8 Royal Remarks:
Good luck with the book. Read it to your kids and get them to think up titles. They may surprise youm, or at least give you an idea for one that might work.
Good Luck! That is really scary to take that leap. But you can do it!
Good luck Autumn! Follow your dream.
How exciting. I didn't know you were wrting children's book too. If you want a fresh pair of eyes to look at it, send it my way.
You can totally do this Autumn. I believe in you and your dream. Take Kim up on her offer to read, she's an awesome writer and can help. I'd also be willing to read it, if you like.
I'm featuring a quote from this post on my Tagalong Tuesday tomorrow. Stop by and take a look.
I totally understand your fear. I just submitted book number three and just had to block it out of my mind. I won't hear back until April anyway and I can't stand to have my stomach tied up in knots for that long. Definitely put a title on there, even if you aren't sold on it. I remember Lisa Mangum saying when she gets a submission without a title she's left wondering how the author could write a whole book, but not pick two words for the title! Good luck with your final polish--Deseret Book is still considering kids books.
All the well wishes working their magic. ;)
Great news, Heather. Yeah! I am really hoping for a deal with Deseret. I can set my hopes high, right? {And I'm with ya on stomach in knots.}
I met Lisa Magnum from Deseret...she's very cool. Let's just hope she thinks by book is cool!
Post a Comment