»

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crazy, Cool News:


I can't believe my life as I know it is has changed in a matter of 5 days. Literally.

Warren and I have decided to move our family to Utah from Arizona!
We are moving our family in 6 short weeks. If all goes as planned- we will be waving goodbye to friends and family as we drive away from Arizona on March 28th.
Life in Utah will begin April 2010. WOW.

The reason? A job and Warren's side of the family.

Warren has worked for a medical device company for over a year and a half here in Phoenix. It's the same company his brother, James, works for in Utah and who got Warren this job.
James has been offering a job to Warren in Utah since the day Warren began working for the company.
We declined the offer because we felt we needed to try and make the job work in Arizona, since this is our home and where we planned to live out our days.
If the job didn't work out here then we would consider Utah.
We have been blessed to have this job but it's not going as well here in Arizona as we hoped.
So, it's off to Utah for a new adventure!

Also, Utah seems to be the central location for Warren's side of the family. Reunions and such are held there too. Being in Arizona these past 13 years, we have missed out on a lot of family things. We feel it's time we are closer with his family.
With that trade off- I will miss my family who live here in Arizona and near-by.

The whole thing is very surreal for me, actually. It's sorta like when you're pregnant. You know you're pregnant, you get bigger, you feel the baby move... but it doesn't seem 'real' until the baby is born. That's how I feel right now.

Warren and I both feel good about this move. We feel it's the right time and place for our family.
But, let me tell you... I never thought we'd live in Utah! {If you know us, we LOVE the heat. Ummmmm, Utah isn't known for it's warm weather. haha}
We have a positive attitude about it all, though. I think it's going to be great for all of us.

A side note: My husband is a huge basketball fan.
I told him he didn't have to stop being a Phoenix Suns' fan just because we move to Utah!
But, eventually, I'm sure he'll warm-up to the Utah Jazz. Or maybe not. ;)

To family and friends in Utah...we will see you soon!

7 Royal Remarks:

Shantel said...

How great for you guys! Congratulations!

The Unexpected Journey said...

What????!!!You have to come over for a play date before you go. -Becky

Samara said...

That's too far away!!!!!! We will miss you so much!

courtney said...

I'm super stoked! Plus, I'm a Suns fan and I am here in Idaho. I like to go to Jazz games too, but Steve Nash is my favorite!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Wow! I made a fast move like that from Utah to Kansas. It takes a lot of work, but you can totally do it. Good luck on your packing and the actual move!

Kara said...

Great news! Yes, it does get hot there. Not like AZ's temps but that high altitude puts you 'under the broiler.' You will see what I mean. As soon as the temps get into the mid 70s, your skin will feel those rays beating down on them big time. That's the biggest thing that surprised me about Utah. :-) Kinda funny, huh! I still miss the mountains. They are beautiful.

Kristi said...

Wow...you have tons of changes going on! It will be really nice to live by family. Good luck getting everything all together and ready to go!