You'd think that being pregnant 7 times would be 'old hat' for me. That I can just relax and let time, my body, and God do all the miracles needed to make a perfect angel...while I puke and sleep.
Not really. First baby or not, my nerves are raw.
I still worry about the baby growing inside me. I worry about its health, weather or not I'm sitting or sleeping in a comfortable enough position for it and if its going to be born with six toes on one foot.
I wonder what the baby's personality is going to be like and I hope baby is cute. I dream for a full term pregnancy and pray I don't miscarry at any stage, even though I've had 5 healthy, successful pregnancies so far. {Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage my last pregnancy.}
Up until the delivery day- I'm a bit nervous that baby will somehow get strangled by the umbilical cord and die. I know this fear is due to listening to horror stories, but it did happen to someone out there...so therefore, it's possible it could happen to my baby.
And, after 5 successful pregnancies, I still can't wait to look at my baby's growth on an ultrasound, hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and, best of all, the glorious day I get to FEEL butterfly flutters or a gentle tug from baby for the first time in my belly. All these put a smile on my face as naturally as if I were to laugh if someone were to tickle me.
Most of all, I look forward to delivery day!
I know its gonna hurt. I know it's gonna be tedious to sit on a hospital bed as nurses poke and prod at me...but it's soooo worth it!!!!!
When my baby finally emerges into this world and I hear its cries for the first time all my fears and worries go away, my heart is full of peace and joy and I feel closer to my Father in heaven then any other time.
There's nothing 'old hat' to me about having a baby... even if it's my 7th pregnancy.
It's all new, nerve wracking and very wonderful with every baby.
Tick- Tock,
Tick- Tock,
Tick- Tock...





3 Royal Remarks:
So true! Every mother has those thoughts, afterall its nine LONG months to wait! Can't wait to find out what this little person is!
I have the same concerns/feelings! I can't wait til the baby is born, and they're safe in my arms
You are such a great writer! I loved reading your blog post and am totally coming back for more. I am so excited for you. I love being pregnant, but especially once you start getting that little flutter feeling...love,love that part the most! Great post friend!!
Jen
Post a Comment