»

Friday, January 22, 2010

Temple Night

Tonight was wonderful!

Warren and I took our son, and three of his friends, to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.
I had about 30 male names and 20 female names that needed baptisms. Warren, Conner and his friend, Nicholas, did the male names. Kendra and Shelby did the female names. Also, Warren was able to perform the baptisms for all the kids. {To do baptisms the age is 12 yrs. and older}

Since there wasn't many female names, and because I really didn't feel like getting wet, I thought I'd go do something else. It turned out that I couldn't do anything since the rest of the temple would soon close after we arrived. So, I just watched the baptisms. Even though I wasn't doing any 'work' I was happy to watch them do baptisms for many of my ancestors. It's such a happy feeling to see such a grand work!

I'm also looking forward to next weekend. Warren and I will be going to the temple again with some of our friends. I have LOTS of names that need work completed!

Scriptures pertaining to genealogy work:

"And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." - Luke 1:17

"And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." - Malachi 4:6


0 Royal Remarks: