»

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is it wrong?

Is being partial wrong?
Or, how wrong can it be?

I mean, when it comes to our children...we all are, right?
They're the cutest, best-est, loveliest and most ornery ones out there. I know I'm definitely partial to my children.

Or when is comes to one of our favorites recipes we make...it just can't be beat. We're partial.
Like my spaghetti for instance. I love my own spaghetti and haven't found its equal with these taste buds of mine. I think there could be another recipe out there that I may like better but, since I haven't tasted that recipe, MY spaghetti is the best.
Now, I'm not partial to all food I make that's for sure. I can't make good chocolate chip cookies to save my life! Therefore, I'm partial to *almost anyone else's.
{*Note: I wrote- almost. I've had yucky chocolate chip cookies...worse then mine!}

Ok, Ok. Here's what this post is really about:

Fact 1: I'm pregnant.

Fact 2: This is baby #6.

Fact 3: I have 4 boys and 1 girl- who happens to be right smack dab in the middle of the said 4 rambunctious boys.

Fact 4: I love all my babies and am happy with what Father above has sent us.

Fact 5: No facts are made until it happens. A fact can't be a fact until it's made known to man.
I think. {I really don't know what I'm talking about on that one. But let's pretend I do.}

Unfact: Is this baby of mine a boy or a girl? {It's not a fact- yet- since I don't know...for a fact. Right?}

Here goes the part about questioning being partial:

I'm entirely PARTIAL to pink, girly stuff this pregnancy.
I want another baby girl soooooo bad that my mouth is watering at anything pink! I'm really ok with the four boys I have. I can't imagine not having another baby girl. My head and heart is so wrapped around having a girl this time that I'm wondering if its healthy! HA!

I feel guilty.

There's countless women who would be thrilled to just get pregnant. I doubt they would care whether or not it was a boy or girl if they could just get pregnant or stay pregnant. Just because I've had 5 babies -both sexes- does that give me the right to be partial to a girl? I don't think so at all. I think I'm just being selfish.

Is being partial to wanting a girl detrimental?
What if indeed it is a boy and while in utero he subconsciously knows I wish he were a girl- wearing a pink bow in his hair along with a pink fluffy dress?

When I find out the sex of this baby via ultrasound {hopefully this coming Monday} and, if it's announced I'm having a boy, I honestly think I will be a little sad. Not devastated, but a little sad.
Though, I know me.
If I give birth to a boy I know I'd adore my son. I would be overjoyed with him the second I saw his face, held his tiny body in my arms and smelled his perfect new little self.
I'm sure we'd do just fine and I'd love him more then words can say.

But...but...but... whaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.......
I'm partial to all things girl!

3 Royal Remarks:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Perhaps this partiality you are feeling is to tell you that it is a girl. During my second pregnancy, I hadn't found out what I was having (I tried, but the stinker was sitting cross-legged) and I just kept finding myself drawn to blues and greens. Sure enough, he was a boy. Still is, for that matter. :)

Autumn said...

I hope you're right, Tristi!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Have you heard of the Johari Window?

Its a diagram of one's self with four quadrants, the open self, the hidden self, the blind self and the unknown self.

Open is what you know about yourself and share with others.

Hidden is what you know about yourself and don't allow others to know.

Blind self is what you don't know about you that others do. (like a habit or mannerism you are unaware of doing.)

Unknown self is what is a fact, but that which neither you or others know at present time. Examples could be if you have a breast cancer gene...so the gender of your baby is a Fact, its just a piece of your unknown self.

Anyway, this post just reminded me of it. Cookies might be in your blind self--because I'll bet mine are better. Hee hee.