
My family won't be making the long trek {I mean drive} up to Washington State from Phoenix for the week of Thanksgiving for my side family reunion. My extended family decided to make it just my siblings, parents and grandparents. My sister, Tami, {who lives in Arizona as well} and I will fly up to Washington instead of driving for 2 whole days. Sweet. We won't be meeting on Thanksgiving day- but the weekend after.

I have mixed feelings about this decision.
I would love for my whole family to go on this trip to see their aunts, uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents. It's not like these family members know my children very well. We live too far away to see them often. It's kinda sad. {But I prefer living away from extended family at the same time.}
But then again, I really don't like driving long distances that much. I'm a flying kind of gal. {Probably because when I was a child my family moved so much -with my dad being in the military and all- we drove across country a couple times as well as flying overseas a couple of times. Plus, my hubby worked for an airline for several years and we could fly for free. I found out just how much easier flying everywhere really was.}
My husband is so wonderful. He will be caring for our 5 children as well as my sister's 3 children the weekend we are gone. :) What a guy! {Though he did admit he'd rather to do this then drive 4 days! haha Honestly, I don't blame him.}
I'm very excited for my trip. I get to go hang out with my 4 siblings I grew up with! I'm very close with my siblings. We talk on the phone several times a week. {I have 3 others that grew up in a different home. That's another reunion.} We will be with our parents and grandparents too. No children running around to care for- just us. We are having 'Thanksgiving' on Saturday the 29th and we are looking forward to cooking and baking together. {This means I will be making Thanksgiving dinner TWICE in one week. Sheesh.}

I rented a large {and absolutely beautiful} cabin from a friends parents for the occasion. It sits on the shore of Long Lake and looks like it should be in a magazine! {My mom's home isn't big enough for all of us.} From the cabins' windows and porch there are breathtaking views. We'll be enjoying the hot tub as well. Here's some photos of it:



In short- I'm really looking forward to my trip! I can't wait to hang out with my peeps. :) The last time ALL five of us siblings and parents were together in the same place was 10 years ago. This is a much needed and anticipated reunion!
PS} For my In-Laws' side of the family...I need to let you know that it's unfortunate that I won't have time to see you on this trip of mine. I will be with my family from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning- that's it. Sorry.





5 Royal Remarks:
i bet it will be really fun, it's so nice to see family!!
Reunions are the greatest! Have fun, and I agree, driving is hard and I feel like time spent with the family is wasted when you have to take two days to get there when you can take two hours flying!
I'm still bummed you won't make it by my house. I hope you will have a great time. I've missed bloggin' these past few weeks and checking in on you.
This looks like a neat place to have a reunion in the future. Where is it and how much was it.
Sa-weet! Two thanksgiving dinners, one with children...one without! That is just perfect I have to say.
Post a Comment