»

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Too many things happening...

and so little time to share them.

If I could- I'd sit here at my desk and type away about all the funny, happy and neat things my family has going on. Or I could type verbatim the many conversations between bickering children. That would be enough amusement or insanity to last us all for awhile. But I can't. I know you're missing out on so much of our lives because of my slacking blogger syndrome. Please forgive me and know we are doing great, we're healthy and happy {most of the time}.
____________________

Warren is on our wards' softball team. Last night was the first game of the big tournament.
They won, darn it.
Before you get the sour idea that I don't enjoy supporting and being a cheerleader for my hubby let me explain my hesitation, and lack of enthusiasm, for them winning. My plans of going out with Warren to the movie '007' {gotta love those James Bond movies!} and to the temple and dinner with friends has been messed up because the team won. grrrrr
If they would have lost we'd have had the best of both worlds by now. But noooooo- they had to win.
So tonight was another game. They won again. Then they played another back- to- back game but this time they lost.
I thought "Sweet! We get to have fun tomorrow"...
Not so fast lady.
Double elimination---- tomorrow.
My weekend has consisted of softball game after softball game....joy.
No movie -yet. No temple or dinner date- yet.
Go team!!

Maybe next weekend?
___________________________

I have pictures of my short people dressed up for Halloween to share with you all. But that means I have to go to Warren's office- use his computer and then download the pictures from the camera. But in order to do that I'd have to walk downstairs first to grab the camera that is sitting on the counter in the kitchen. Since I feel lazy {I'm not usually this lazy, folks. But I am tonight.} I guess you'll have to wait until later. Though, I will share that they're stinkin' cute kids in stinkin' cute costumes. :)
__________________________

If you know me and my husband- we are cat people. We love kitty's and that's just who we are. We're not dog people- no matter how cute or snugly a puppy can be. We've had several cats in our married life and have enjoyed them... most of the time. If it were up to me we'd never have a dog until all our children are grown and gone and I miss having children around the house {because essentially dogs are like 2 year olds} and I need some mothering to do. I'd call this plan pretty much 'In stone'.
Warren bought a Chihuahua puppy a week ago.
Can I just say that my world has been turned upside down? HELLO?!! What was this man of mine thinking? I thought we were on the same page with the "We are cat people. No dogs."
Oh, my goodness!!!
So, I've been trying to potty train this puppy...with little success. If I find one more piece of poop on my carpet I'm gonna blow.

Now take that thought and put it aside for a moment.
I just had my carpets cleaned yesterday. Why?
Because they needed it from just children's messes {let alone a puppy's} and because it was a set appointment as of 2 weeks ago. I should of canceled it until AFTER the puppy is potty trained.

So help me people....if it wasn't for my 5 darling children who adore this puppy- and a husband who is now in love with a dog that looks like a rat- I would of pawned her off to the first person who came over and said 'Ohhhhhhhh, looooook! What a cute puppy! Come here you sweet thing- let me hold you." {In a highly squeaky baby talking voice}

By the way- the puppy is a girl. Her name is Rosa. {Pictures to come.}
_____________________________

My Christmas cards are coming along nicely. I got a wild hair to make them this year. I get that way every so often. Sometimes I buy them- sometimes I make them. I always wonder why I decided to make them when I'm in the middle of doing them. It's always so much more time consuming then I planned. Oh, well. The joy is in the journey not the destination? {That's what I keep telling myself ayway. hehe}

Warren keeps making jibes like: "I hope these ones will get out before Christmas this year." or "You should just make them New Years cards instead since nobody will get them before then anyway."
I just roll my eyes and try to convince myself that this year I will actually get them out to folks BEFORE Christmas Day.
Warren knows me well.
I should just start making New Years Cards, huh?!
_____________________

Last weekend we cleaned out our garage and had a sale! As many of you know my honey is a 'collector' --AKA-- Pack Rat. I couldn't take the unorganized garage another day so I talked the King into having a garage sale. Surprisingly he agreed and we made an easy $300. Nice.

At the end of the sale I wouldn't allow one single thing to be put back into our garage {mind you it's a 2 car garage and no cars could fit into it}.
We loaded up our 9 passenger beast- of- a- van with all the collectibles {junk} and drove straight to the thrift store for a deposit. We had to make TWO trips. No lie. Seriously. I wasn't joking when I said my husband is a PACK RAT.
I feel like a new woman with a newly organized garage! Yippee!
_______________________________

I have lots and lots more I could elaborate on....but I better can it for tonight. I've got grand plans of waking up early tomorrow to do a good clean to my upstairs so I can go to ANOTHER softball game and be a perky cheerleader. :)

6 Royal Remarks:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Wow! You have been busy. Sounds like life is good though. I get off the hook from having a dog or a cat since my youngest daughter has severe allergies.

tyames said...

Oh man I can't believe that you have a dog and a rat dog no less, but I bet you will fall in love with it once it's potty trained. But I feel you pain in potty training, I was so mad everytime I had to pick up one of my puppies poos.

YEA softball...
I hope that next weekend turns out better for you ;)

Wow you have a garage back that is just amazing!!! Congrats!!!

Can't wait to see pictures.

Rae's World said...

I can't believe you got a dog@!!! Traitor!!!

Sharon said...

holy cow!!! tons has been going on, i can't believe you got a dog, i'll have to see the pictures... seriously. and a rat dog at that, well she's probably groing on you. so i'll say now how cute she is. datge nights are always nice, could you go in the middle of the week? i love bond too, and this new bond is totally beautiful.

The Girls' Mom said...

Nice to hear from you with your catch up, I can't wait to see your dog. My kids want a chihuaua so bad. Have fun on your trip this weekend.

MelissaDaams said...

i also have a small dog - small dogs are a lot like cats... i think my dog was supposed to be a cat in another life maybe - she use to catch mice and loved trying to catch lizards when we live in AZ... she's also potty trained to use a kitty litter box... maybe that is something you can consider!