I just love and adore this show!! It's darling, fun, romantic, funny and suspenseful all wrapped into one cute show. Not only is the show fun to watch but all the retro outfits are stinkin' cute!
Season 2 started last week and I am on cloud 9. I've seen every episode- including last seasons shows- and I'm definitely hooked.
I want to buy the DVD's just to have! {Oh, Santa...}
Since we have the DVR- I can watch this show at anytime I can fit it in {as well as Amazing Race- my favorite reality TV show.} In case you didn't know- I really dislike TV. I think there's so much filth and plain crap on these days. It's very irritating. But there seems to be a couple shows I've found that have caught my fancy. :)
Since we have the DVR- I can watch this show at anytime I can fit it in {as well as Amazing Race- my favorite reality TV show.} In case you didn't know- I really dislike TV. I think there's so much filth and plain crap on these days. It's very irritating. But there seems to be a couple shows I've found that have caught my fancy. :)
If interested you can watch all the episodes right from your computer! ABC has its shows available to watch anytime {which I think is clever and wonderful}. Sweet, huh?
Click here to watch.
Here's what Pushing Daisies is about:
A critically acclaimed series with an unprecedented blend of romance, fantasy and mystery, Pushing Daisies, a forensic fairytale about Ned, a young man with a very special gift. As a young boy Ned discovers that he can return the dead briefly to life with just one touch. But his random gift isn't without deadly consequences& as he soon finds out. He discovers the rules of his gift early: First touch - alive; second touch - dead again, forever; Keep something alive for more than a minute and something else has to die in its place.
Grown up Ned (Lee Pace) puts his talent to good use by touching dead fruit and making it ripe with everlasting flavor. He opens a pie shop. But his life as a pie maker gets more complicated when private investigator Emerson Cod (Chi McBride) discovers Ned's secret. Emerson convinces the cash-strapped Ned to help him solve murder cases (and collect a hefty reward fee) by raising the dead and getting them to name their killers. Then Ned is handed the case that changes his life forever. His childhood sweetheart, Charlotte "Chuck" Charles (Anna Friel), is murdered on a cruise ship under strange circumstances. Her death brings him back to his hometown of Coeur d' Coeur to bring Chuck back to life, albeit briefly, and to solve the crime.
But once reunited with Chuck, Ned can't bring himself to touch her again. Chuck becomes the third partner in Ned and Emerson's PI enterprise, but she encourages them to use their skills for good, not just for profit. Ned is overjoyed to be reunited with Chuck, the only girl he's ever loved. Life would be perfect, except for one cruel twist: If Ned ever touches her again, she'll go back to being dead, this time for good.
Here's what Pushing Daisies is about:
A critically acclaimed series with an unprecedented blend of romance, fantasy and mystery, Pushing Daisies, a forensic fairytale about Ned, a young man with a very special gift. As a young boy Ned discovers that he can return the dead briefly to life with just one touch. But his random gift isn't without deadly consequences& as he soon finds out. He discovers the rules of his gift early: First touch - alive; second touch - dead again, forever; Keep something alive for more than a minute and something else has to die in its place.
Grown up Ned (Lee Pace) puts his talent to good use by touching dead fruit and making it ripe with everlasting flavor. He opens a pie shop. But his life as a pie maker gets more complicated when private investigator Emerson Cod (Chi McBride) discovers Ned's secret. Emerson convinces the cash-strapped Ned to help him solve murder cases (and collect a hefty reward fee) by raising the dead and getting them to name their killers. Then Ned is handed the case that changes his life forever. His childhood sweetheart, Charlotte "Chuck" Charles (Anna Friel), is murdered on a cruise ship under strange circumstances. Her death brings him back to his hometown of Coeur d' Coeur to bring Chuck back to life, albeit briefly, and to solve the crime.
But once reunited with Chuck, Ned can't bring himself to touch her again. Chuck becomes the third partner in Ned and Emerson's PI enterprise, but she encourages them to use their skills for good, not just for profit. Ned is overjoyed to be reunited with Chuck, the only girl he's ever loved. Life would be perfect, except for one cruel twist: If Ned ever touches her again, she'll go back to being dead, this time for good.










4 Royal Remarks:
I LOVE this show! I was thrilled when I saw it pop up on my DVR again this year ... I was afraid they weren't going to bring it back.
I've never heard anyone talk about it, so I wasn't sure if it had 'caught on' ya know? But it is SO SO good.
I love Olive. But I love Chuck too so ... it's all good.
Such a fun story. I'm glad to find another who likes it as much as me!
Wow...sounds like I have a new show to watch. I'll have to DVR it. Thanks for the info. I am always looking for something new to watch.
I am so with you on this one! We've watched it since the beginning too. I had withdrawls this summer! It is the most creative show to come out in a long time. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Olive this season!
I love Amazing Race. I haven't seen Pushing Daisies. Evening shows are hard to watch -- bedtime chaos and all that, and poor me, no DVR or Tivo. I know, I'm so far behind the times.
Post a Comment