I took Tucker to the Dr. yesterday. He does not have Chicken Pox, thank goodness.
He got the bumps from another viral infection that he had- the Dr. didn't know what. The bumps are disappearing and he was on the mend as of yesterday so it was hard to say exactly what he did have.
Since we were there anyway, I went ahead and had him get the Chicken Pox shot and a couple others. That didn't go so well for Tucker. Poor little guy. He was hunky dory until he recognized where we were! I felt so bad for him.
He cried the moment we walked into the Dr. office. Then he calmed down.
He cried when we got into the patient room. Then he calmed down.
He cried when the Dr. wanted to look at him. Then he calmed down.
He cried when the nurse came in to give him shots. He didn't calm down and cried even harder when he got the shots. He finally calmed down when mama held him, loved him and we got a WALL.E sticker from the front desk.
It was an emotional day for my little boy.
I'm surprised that the shots he had didn't effect him in anyway. Meaning he was his normal self the rest of the day with no fever. I thought for sure he'd be grouchy and have a least a slight fever- and possibly progress to a high fever- but he didn't. I'm grateful.





1 Royal Remarks:
After all that crying, did he take a good nap? That's my favorite thing about the kids getting shots! ;)
Post a Comment