»

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is my cup half empty or half full?

I'm at the half way mark on both my projects/goals for this week! And just in time for Wednesday- the half way day of the week. This makes my heart happy. But there's still danger, folks. I like to start things and put it off until later to finish. It's a horrible habit. Maybe you can be my cheerleaders who drive me to the finish line?



Today is my good clean day. I'm 'pausing' to blog before I happily dive into my chores. ;)





Last night I took a good friend out to Swenson's {an awesome old fashioned ice cream parlor here in Phoenix} for her birthday. We enjoyed the quiet of no children, girl talk and the monstrous and very yummy ice cream creations we came up with.
As I was eating I thought about my father-in-law since it was his birthday as well. I was contemplating him because he prefers vanilla ice cream. Just plain old vanilla.
Come on now!
I'm not knocking the wonderful, tasty vanilla ice cream. It's the perfect BASE for any divine ice cream creation. But next time I see him, and we're eating ice cream, I might just have to sneak a few toppings in his bowl. I like to think that maybe he doesn't know what he's missing? But I know better- he's sampled the best of 'em and still prefers plain old vanilla.
I think he lives on the edge sometimes and adds a little fudge!

Later on I will post the recipe for Stroganoff {just for you, Kara}, my new shoes and my movie reviews.

The end of the week I will post my interview and review of the novel 'Surprise Packages'.

2 Royal Remarks:

Sharon said...

i think you have mom and dad mixed up... dad lives on the edge with mont chocolate chip... and mom loves vanilla. i love going our for ice cream, and i love girls nights, they keep me sane:) i'm glad tucker is ok!

Dan Olsen said...

I'm always happy about getting a new recipe for stroganoff.