I can barely keep up with myself these days. It seems I'm constantly going, going, going and my mind is definitely gone. teehee
It makes me tired just thinking of the never ending lists, schedules and appointments.
I think I'll go take a nap now.
{So what if it's only 8 AM?!!}
My hubby likes to tease me when it comes to nap time. And how could he not? I sleep like 4-5 hours when I nap. No joke. When I'm down...I'm OUT. I crash. If I take a nap during the week with my two year old, I have to set my alarm to wake myself up to go get kiddos from school. {I usually can get 1-2 naps in during the weekdays and I'm blessed with an awesome two year old that will nap as long as I do most of the time.}
But on Sunday afternoons...watch out... 'cause this mom is down and out for as long as her body will sleep. A fair warning proclamation is given throughout my kingdom: Don't wake this Queen up by any means. Take your matter up with the King because she'll have you beheaded if you don't!
{And why do our Home Teacher's HAVE to come on Sundays? grrrrr}
What's kinda funny is that I totally blame my children for causing my nap syndrome. I NEVER took naps when I didn't have children. On the rare occasion that I did- it was probably because I was coming town with something. I didn't start taking naps until I had baby # 2 and that was only off and on. By the time baby # 4 came along I was a napping pro. Now we have 5 children and like I shared before...when I nap...I'm OUT. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
So we think Tucker may have Chicken Pox. He's two. I need to take him into the pediatrician to make sure. He has about 18-20 spots all over him. Warren and I traded off caring for him yesterday for church so that one of us could go help with the primary program and the other could teach Sunday school and sharing time. Thank heaven for two vehicles. I canceled my scripture study group this week, too. I hope it turns out not to be Chicken Pox. I'm anxious to find out.Our children did wonderful and great in the primary program. I can't help but get teary eyed when children sing their hearts out- especially praises to God. I'm proud of all the primary children as well as my own children. The Holy Spirit was strongly present- a memorable event for me. I'm so grateful to have this calling with Warren to teach the 9 year old boys! {Parker is in our class and that makes it even more special.} It's been an awesome calling to have together as a couple.
Tonight I'm taking dinner over to our friends. They have a family of eight. My friend is having some kind of back procedure done that will knock her off her feet for a good three days or so. She asked for my Stroganoff. It's my mother-in- law's recipe. We have it at least 2-3 times a month here at our place. It's yummy.Tonight is also FHE {Family Home Evening}. Most Latter-day Saint families are doing the same thing tonight with their families. It's a night set aside by our church leaders as 'family time'. Even if you're not LDS- I encourage you to set aside one evening a week just for family time. It makes all the difference in the world- as well as brings your family closer together. So what are we going to do for family night?...
We are going to make a double batch of brownies. We're going to keep one and take one to another family.We're also going to have a short lesson on the Prophet Jonah and his 'whale' of a time.
haha
My major goals this week are to:
1} Finish the over whelming project of re-organizing all my photos.
Those short people who live here, who are constantly calling me 'Mom', decided to get into my photo bin and scatter photos. They couldn't believe that I had the gall to be upset. After all, they were "just looking at them."
and
2} Continue re-writing my partially written novel from first person to third. As you may may recall I made the goal that I would complete this daunting task by October 5th- my next ANWA {American Night Writers Association} meeting.
How come October 5th seems like tomorrow?
Happy Monday, everyone... it's the start of a new week!






5 Royal Remarks:
Sorry to hear about Tucker. Don't be surprised if they don't let you in at the doctors. Good luck with finishing your re-write. Have a nice day!
Well, if Tucker does have the chicken pox, you won't have to worry about doing the shot for it. I'd love your stroganoff recipe. I've been looking for a good one that everyone will like. Sounds like you have a winner! Have a great Monday!!
sounds like a crazy week, i hope tucker feels better
It's rough when the kids get sick, sorry that you have to deal wtih that.
I was skanning through your blog and I must have missed that you guys are coming through during Thanksgiving. It you are going through this area on your way up or back down, you are welcomed here. We would love to have you.
Work, work work to get your rewrite done.
I like naps and I could sleep a long time but then I can never sleep at night and so it makes it hard if I take a long nap because I get on a different schedual then the kids.
I'm right there with you! Did they tell us motherhood was going to be this hard when we signed up for it?
Maybe I just felt like I was up for a big challenge!
Post a Comment