I'm going to backtrack what I've missed posting because of my reading obsession. {A good excuse if you ask me!}
Warren and I had a BLAST last week with other two couples at one of the big water parks here in our area. We decided to go with no children- couples only. It was awesome! The six of us raced down slides, goofed off on the lazy river trying to tip one another over, dared each other to do this and that, played water basketball and body surfed at the wave pool. We were all like free teenagers again! My sister, Tami, and her family came down from the White Mountains to visit us and finish up their school shopping this past weekend. It was nice to see them and have a fun time together. Baby Alesia is 9 months already- crawling all over and trying to mimic some words said. She's such a doll!
Friday night- Tami, Madisen and I went to the 'Breaking Dawn' party. That was pretty cool. We came away with some fun souvenirs as well as our own copies of the book- the prize at the end. { I forgot my camera! Shame on me.}
Saturday our family went to a friends baptism. It was beautiful and lovely. Our children love watching others being baptized. As parents we love taking them because it reminds us of our baptism day as well as sharing with our children the happy feelings of such a divine ordinance.
Later that night- Warren and I went on a double date with Tami and Norman to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner . {One of our favorite restaurants} Then to the movie 'Mummy 3'.
I have to report that I thought the previews for this movie looked pretty good- the movie...not so much. Two thumbs down. Bad acting can be annoying but this was over the top. It was bad enough that we left half way through it and got our money back!
I have to report that I thought the previews for this movie looked pretty good- the movie...not so much. Two thumbs down. Bad acting can be annoying but this was over the top. It was bad enough that we left half way through it and got our money back!
Speaking of the Cheesecake Factory- last Wednesday was "National Cheesecake Day". Man, I wish this were a real holiday- like you get the day off to stuff our faces with cheesecake! Anyway, in celebration- the Cheesecake Factory had their slices of cheesecake on sale for $1.75 each. Wowzers! {If you've been to C.F. you know that their slices average $7 a slice. } Warren and I went with a giant group of friends last Wednesday in the late afternoon for appetizers and cheesecake. Most everyone got a different flavor so we could have a tasting frenzy. That was awesome! {Though, going to C.F. twice in one week is NOT becoming on ones waist line. Oh, well. Life's too short to ignore cheesecake!}
Warren and I were called to teach Parker's Sunday school class permanently as a couple. It's the group of 9 year old boys. Sunday was our first time teaching them and it went very well. I will miss teaching my daughter's class {7/8 year olds} but am thrilled to teach with Warren. Only one other time in our marriage did we teach together in Sunday school and that was when we first got married. And to make me feel old...one of the boys we taught back then is now our brother-in- law! Crazy!
For FHE {Family Home Evening} Monday night we had our friends, the Robinson family, over for dinner and to play games. Us adults played a new card game Warren learned up in Utah called GOLF. That's a fun game- I really like it. With most of the children we played The Great Dalmuti- a game I never win at- and can't stand! Regardless, of my anti- Great Dalmuti feelings- I put them aside for the greater good of the group. hehe I lost.
Last night my hubby and I joined friends at the Mesa Temple. It's been closed for it's annual 2 weeks cleaning/repairs/renovation time and re-opened up last night. It's been awhile since Warren and I have been to the temple together- with him being gone to Utah and all. I can't express the wonderful time and tender moments we shared last night. As a couple we needed that refreshment, encouragement and perspective so much. School shopping is officially done. The only thing I had left to buy on my list was the Polo's from a local uniform shop with the embroidered school emblem. Remember I was complaining about the cost? Well, I still am. We decided to get our four school aged children 3 Polo's each to begin the school year. That came to $175.00- JUST for stinkin' Polo's!! Sheesh!
Next month we'll get 3 more each.
Next month we'll get 3 more each.
Warren is leaving us again for Utah tomorrow- not for work this time but for leisure. His family is having a sibling reunion with their parents. {10 children all together. Warren being the oldest.} He'll return next Monday night. Surprisingly, our children are pretty upset about this. Like, REALLY upset. They want their daddy here to stay for good. No more traveling- period. I can't say I blame them. He just got home it seems and will be gone for 5 days- 4 nights. Annoying as it is- we'll live. Grudgingly though.







7 Royal Remarks:
darick and i go bowling every tuesday night! i love to bowl...it sounds like you have been busy the past couple of days, and i want to see a picture of these expensive school uniforms
well, i couldn't read everything cuz your blog wouldn't bring the rest up after the "warran is leaving us again for utah" one, but dang girl you've been busy. Sorry i haven't been around for a while. I've been busy packing and moving yet again. But hey, now i've got the net at home! Yae. See ya round.
Looks like a fun, memorable summer. Glad to hear things are going well.
Sharon- I'd rather not post a picture of the uniforms since it would show where my children would be attendning school. Sorry.
I sent you an email to get your address...still waiting. I need to email J. Scott Savage to give it to him.
Sounds like things have been busy as ever at your house.
Okay, call me flaky. But I lost your your contact information. Again! I got a new computer, believed everything transfered over only to find out I was very wrong. Don't feel bad, Merrill's info went the way too. Good thing he emails and texts me or he'd be sitting there thinking I'm mad at him.
Speaking of, hope you're not.
Please email me, again, all your contact info and an update of where you are on your writing project.
Thanks,
Candace
D'oh! It looks like my comment was swallowed by the great white internet whale...
Anyway, I volunteered to be the self-sacrificing one next time. Thanks again for a fun evening!
Sounds like you guys are having fun to me!
Post a Comment