»

Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Thursday Trifecta

"{Trifecta}: a slang term used to describe any successful or favorable phenomenon or characteristic that comes in threes, for example: "She has the 'trifecta' of attractiveness, intelligence, and career success."

Today I'll be enjoying "My Trifecta" of Scrapbooking, Scriptures and Food! This combination {with friends} happens every Thursday at my home. It's party day here at my place- a day I look forward to every week.



From the moment I walk in the door from dropping off my four oldest children at school I put on one of my two year olds' "Dora the Explorer" DVDs, {which will entertain him for a long time}, then have a friend or two show up in which we dive right into scrapbooking, followed by my potluck pals who gather at noon. {About 5-6 more gals}
We enjoy a scrumptious meal made with love and then fill our spiritual canteen as well by listening to the scriptures on CD {while following along in our own scriptures} and then read what the LDS Institute manual has to share about said scriptures and finalize with our shared opinions.

I started this scripture study/ potluck /scrapbook group the beginning of last school year and it has gone very well. {Mostly anyway. Except for one gal who complained to her husband about something stupid and incorrect, who complained to the Bishop...blah, blah, blah...but it ended in my favor with Bishops' blessing on what I am hosting. I don't invite this gal anymore.}

Anyway, back to what I was conveying...we took a break over the summer since there are too many children among us to have in one house! Now that schools' in session again, we've taken back our Thursdays. :)

If you know me well, you know I love entertaining. I like having people over to visit, hang out and play. I will and do make ANYTHING into a party! Of course, I did so with scripture study time and scrapbooking. And it's been so fun! I have the coolest, best friends in the world who like to play along by my side.

Life's fun if we make it!

____________________________

PS: Today is my BLOGGERVERSARY! One year ago today I started this blog. Whoo hoooo!

My cute sister-in-law, Shaina, hosted a fun blog celebration in lieu of her one year blog anniversary and I'd like to do the same. But...since I have a party here today I will post more tonight. She made gifts to give to her blog readers in 3 drawings and I want to do the same.

So... see ya later gater for something greater!

6 Royal Remarks:

Don said...

WooHoo! Happy Blogaversary!

I'll wait patiently...

Sharon said...

Hurray!! one year:) i love a party too, and i can't wait for my tuesdays this fall ( its gonna be great, but i need to keep what i am doing a secret!)

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Way to go! It seems like I've known you longer than that. You keep posting things that make me wish I was your next door neighbor. But the heat in Arizona will keep me from moving there. Have a great day.

Kristi said...

Wow...a whole year? I am always lookin for an excuse to party. Party and personal growth? Sounds perfect!

Shaina said...

Glad you started your group up again. Have a great time! Enjoy scrapping!

Josi said...

Happy anniversary, that's awesome. I used to be part of a scrapbook group, I loved it. We'd scrap twice a month from 8:00-midnight. I was so on the ball back then. But I moved, and I haven't been caught up since. Sad. Have fun!