You all know by now I'm an avid movie watcher and like to share my two cents about the movies I see. My opinions are flawless {according to me} but then again I'm a tiny bit partial. haha
Warren and I got a baby sitter for our youngest three children and took our two oldest, Conner and Parker, on a date last Saturday to see "The Clone Wars" {Star Wars cartoon}.
All the boys {and that means Warren too} were so psyched to see it and as the mom I admit I was only intrigued. Mostly because I wasn't too excited that the creators made 'The Clone Wars' into a cartoon. Sure, they can save money this way but who flippin' cares? When it comes to a Star Wars movie...it needs to be real not animated!! They would have made their money back easily if it were a real movie- hello it's STAR WARS for cryin' out loud!
This animated version of Star Wars wasn't horrible per say, but could have been oh, so much better as a real movie. They tried to make the cartoons look as much like the voiced characters as possible and did a fairly decent job doing so. But it didn't do it for me.
The plot was good enough and hearing the familiar voices was nice. Over all, I think this movie was just OK.
The boys all loved it and had a blast so that's all that matters. They want to go see it again in theatres- which I can totally appreciate since there's movies I like to see over and over again in the theatres. :)
We will certainly buy it {I'd be in so much trouble if I didn't} but I won't be standing in line at midnight to get it either. {Like I will be for Mama Mia!}





4 Royal Remarks:
Thanks for the write up. My boys have been vacillating on whether or not to go see this one.
Thanks for the review. The boys in my fam are dying to see it, but I think I will pass. They need some father/son time anyways right. I wish Ash was old enough to go see Mama Mia with me!
I have to say...this one probably put me off Star Wars for a long time. I was already on the edge of Star Wars burn-out, since we eat, drink and sleep it at my house - this movie just shoved me right on over into the abyss! I'm sure we will end up getting it when it comes out on video, but at least then I can leave the room when it's on! I hope George Lucas is aware of the sacrifices mothers across America are making on his behalf!! He needs to send us all a check!
We're not big movie watchers here. My boys pick up on things like Star Wars and Indiana Jones from other kids (mostly at school), but they really have no idea what they're so excited about!
But I enjoy your reviews so I know a little of what to expect when we finally do see the movie...after it's on video.
Post a Comment