»

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Goals. What's that?

My good, but crazy friend, Tiffany, wants me to post about my goals.



Ummmmm- I think my number one goal is to get through TODAY- without nagging my children, eating to much chocolate, avoiding Dr. Pepper, and doing what I'm supposed to be doing rather then what I want to do!

I have so many projects going on- still unfinished- that even I go crazy trying to keep track.

Exercising by going on a power walk every night with my children has been a recent goal and that happens most of the time but I've done my fair share of being lazy.

Eating less junk food is a goal too but nowhere near mastered. Though, I made a goal of no more drinking soda and have stuck to that- it's been super hard but I'm staying strong!

I've worked on and continue to work on personal and spiritual goals that have been very helpful and enlightening.

Then, as most know, writing my first novel is a big part of my life right now. I set goals of when and how long to write and that happens about half the time. But it's coming along!

I believe making goals is smart and good for the soul. Finishing or achieving them is a whole other ball park! That's the hard part- ya know where one has to actually WORK. Grrrrrr

If you have goals- stay strong! No worries if you don't finish when you'd hoped...it just matters that you're still working at them.

5 Royal Remarks:

Angela V. said...

Those goals sound great, just keep on working at them...you'll get there!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I wouldn't get anything done without goals. Way to go on the Dr. Pepper goal. One step at a time always seems like the best way to do things.

Don said...

So, is your goal to make it through the day "eating too much chocolate, avoiding Dr. Pepper"?

Or is your goal to make it through the day "(without) eating too much chocolate, (without) avoiding Dr. Pepper"?

As a Texan, I'm required by state law to advise against avoiding Dr. Pepper...

Good job on the goals, though. One day at a time - it's the only way to succeed.

Helena said...

Great work on the goals, you will get there!

Me said...

You are such a hoot! I just love you to death.