Are you summer ready? I guess I'm specifically asking this question to those who have children home for summer break.
It's crazy how the flow of schedule abruptly changes from the last day of school to the first few days of summer break. A fast pace life to lazy summer days. And we love summer here!
Friday {tomorrow} is the last day of school for our oldest three. The next 'school year' begins the end of August for us and instead of three Weber kids going to school there will be four! As always...this summer we're going to PARTY!

Our plans?
So far this is what I've planned. Hopefully, we can do something spontaneous along the way, too.
I bought tickets for the summer movie program at one of the theatres.
So far this is what I've planned. Hopefully, we can do something spontaneous along the way, too.
I bought tickets for the summer movie program at one of the theatres.
For $7 per person you get 10 weeks of movie tickets. Once a week we'll go to the movie theater and watch a previously featured film {almost all the movies we've seen before but it's still fun going to the theater}. We picked Wednesday mornings since it's the middle of the week. Friends of ours will be joining us.Thursdays is currently my Book of Mormon study group/potluck lunch I host here in my home- but I'm changing that to Thursday "play day and potluck" since we won't be able to hear over one another with so many children. I'll resume the study group when school starts again.
We decided not to enroll in swim lessons this year simply because my older three children know how to swim well. My two youngest -Spencer, 5 years old and Tucker, 2 year old, will scream bloody murder if I left them in a swim lesson! grrrrrr
So instead of going to swim lessons at the public pool we will be taking advantage of the 'kids swim free' program. Our closest public pool offers free swimming to kids from noon until close! The local power company picks up the bill- how cool is that?! I have to pay for me- but I plan on buying a season pass. Several days of the week we plan on going swimming.
Not only does our closest public pool offer free swimming but right at noon {the same time we'll be getting to the pool anyway for free swim} the city brings in free lunch for kids, too! Monday through Friday the company that prepares school lunches for the public schools brings free lunches for kids to all the public pools! How awesome is that?! I have to bring my own lunch since they don't feed adults- so what! I can do that!
Not only does our closest public pool offer free swimming but right at noon {the same time we'll be getting to the pool anyway for free swim} the city brings in free lunch for kids, too! Monday through Friday the company that prepares school lunches for the public schools brings free lunches for kids to all the public pools! How awesome is that?! I have to bring my own lunch since they don't feed adults- so what! I can do that!
Phoenix has it's grand opening for the Children's Museum in June.
We are really looking forward to going often to play and enjoy all the hands on stuff for the children! I am thinking of buying a year pass.
We are really looking forward to going often to play and enjoy all the hands on stuff for the children! I am thinking of buying a year pass.Ah, and of course, the Drive-In. We LOVE going to the Drive-In! They feature all the newest movies and kids are free with paid adults.
It's $5.50 for each adult and that is for double features. SO CHEAP! We pile our van will blankets, pillows and camp chairs then we stop off at the store to get junk food and soda -and sometimes pizza if we haven't eaten dinner before- and head to the Drive-In for a night of fun. We will do this many times during our summer break!
It's $5.50 for each adult and that is for double features. SO CHEAP! We pile our van will blankets, pillows and camp chairs then we stop off at the store to get junk food and soda -and sometimes pizza if we haven't eaten dinner before- and head to the Drive-In for a night of fun. We will do this many times during our summer break!This summer Parker, my 8 yr old, will be attending Sylvan learning center.
He has problems with reading and has begged us to attend. So I enrolled him for the summer. We're hoping to bring him up to grade level. He'll be going into 4th grade next school year but his reading level is 2nd grade. He really struggles and is embarrassed. It's pretty expensive to have this one- on- one tutoring but it's worth it. And what kid begs to go somewhere to learn? I can't ignore that!
He has problems with reading and has begged us to attend. So I enrolled him for the summer. We're hoping to bring him up to grade level. He'll be going into 4th grade next school year but his reading level is 2nd grade. He really struggles and is embarrassed. It's pretty expensive to have this one- on- one tutoring but it's worth it. And what kid begs to go somewhere to learn? I can't ignore that!We began reading chapter books as a family in the evenings.
The kids really like hearing me read to them- I remember my mother reading to me and loving it. This has been fun for us and we hope to read many more together this summer.
The kids really like hearing me read to them- I remember my mother reading to me and loving it. This has been fun for us and we hope to read many more together this summer.Also, we began taking a power walk in the evenings.
No casual- let's look at the scenery- dilly dally along walk! It's a POWER walk. Fast- get your heart rate up walk for some good exercise. Emmalese, 7 yrs. old, is the slow poke and complains the whole time. I'm mean because I don't care! Get those legs up kids! {Tucker is in the stroller, of course.}
No casual- let's look at the scenery- dilly dally along walk! It's a POWER walk. Fast- get your heart rate up walk for some good exercise. Emmalese, 7 yrs. old, is the slow poke and complains the whole time. I'm mean because I don't care! Get those legs up kids! {Tucker is in the stroller, of course.}So these are our basic summer plans! What about you? What are your summer party plans?






6 Royal Remarks:
WOW! You have it all planned out! We've already started our summer break here. Daniel is doing baseball for a month, we have 2 weeks of swimming lessons in July and I know my kids will love doing worksheets. Other than that, there are no serious plans. I have some ideas, but I'm not saying them out loud so I don't have to be responsible for them if they bottom out!
I need to get my plan down on paper but the long and the short of it is that I plan to keep the kids near people who matter!
Zoo with Karen and kids..
Sleep overs with you and kids
Beach and or Zoo with Jerod
Sleep overs with Vayda
Sleep over with Ann and kids
Weekend in Texas
Lunch with Hiedi,Renee, Meya!
Hot dates with my husband once a
week! Another trip to Sedona!
I want it all.
I had no idea what I was going to do with the kids this summer. In fact, I've been dreading it for some time now. But after reading this post, I am inspired. I have a plan. I'm sending my kids to your house for the summer. You can send them back the week before Labor Day. Thanks so much, Autumn. That will really help out a lot.
Sounds like some fun in the sun for your family. We are going to swim, swim, swim. Hopefully do a little camping. Its gonna be a great summer after such a coooold winter!
Can I come and live at your house? That sounds like a fah-bulous summer. I have been kickin around some ideas. I still have a few weeks until school gets out here. (june 18th) That pool thing sounds Fantastic, and free lunch? Lovin that idea.
Hi Autumn! You are the queen of summer activities. I wish I could be your kid, too :-). We got a trampoline on the last day of school, and I think it'll figure in heavily as far as when we have down-times. That, and horses and swimming lessons. And LOTS of sleeping in.
Post a Comment