In these images made available Thursday May 29, 2008, from Survival International, show 'uncontacted Indians' of the Envira, who have never before had any contact with the outside world, photographed during an overflight in May 2008, as they camp in the Terra Indigena Kampa e Isolados do Envira, Acre state, Brazil, close to the border with Peru.
'We did the overflight to show their houses, to show they are there, to show they exist,' said uncontacted tribes expert Jos.


This tribe intrigues me to no end. Enough to want to go camp out in the forest next to them just to observe, at a safe distance, how they live, talk and show their traditions. {See- I can be an Indiana Jones girl! hehe}
It amazes me that in 2008 we have peoples on this planet who haven't seen 'the world'- even via TV. They probably haven't even seen a white person before! Can you imagine the fear they had as they saw a plane fly over head? Look at their stances...they're ready to shoot arrows at the giant metal beast above them to protect their little tribe. AMAZING!
Why is there one person completely black {what appears to me to be a female} while the others, I assume males, are orange colored?
Where are the little kids? Hiding? Is there only one female in this group? What to they do all day? What do they eat? Drink? What's an afternoon conversation like?
I WANNA KNOW!!!!!!!!
If I were in the plane taking the photos...I'd be dropping pizza and candy bars from the sky! These people need some real food!





7 Royal Remarks:
I saw this story too. It is just crazy! Our world is a lot bigger than we think. I saw you called the other night, sorry I missed it. Ill try to call back Sat or Sun. SOunds like you have a great summer planned. We are doing a few of the same things. We are going to work on Finding out who we are and where we come from this summer doing a lttle family history work. The girls are excited. Hugs to your kids!
holy cow, i almost can't believe this! who are these people?
That is very interesting. It seems like those people are a little too red to be natural. What is making them look so red?
I bet there lives are happy! Simple and happy! The gas price don't change anything for them! Must be nice! Let's get naked and have a BBQ! LOL
I wonder how long they live? Very interesting!
I haven't heard anything about this. Is this for real? I'll have to go and check it out. How amazing. I totally believe it that there are people out there living in the dense forest's that have never been discovered. I am intrigued by this. It's hard to even fathom this. Life would be so simple in a way wouldn't it?
LOL TIF! A NAKED BBQ.. FUNNY. I BET THEY ARE SCARED! THEY LOOK SCARED, AND AS FOR YOUR QUESTION AUTUMN, WHAT DO THEY TALK ABOUT IN THE AFTERNOONS? NOW THEY TALK ABOUT THIS... AND THEY WILL KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS UNTIL SOMEONE DROPS PIZZA OUT OF THE SKY... THEN THEY WILL HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK AOBUT. lol
If they only knew that housewifes in Arizona were talking about them... As if they are the weird ones.
I am not sure why that's so funny to my Holly but yeah!
Post a Comment